Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Alright an RC Modeler!!! I tried to put together an RC Cessna C ardinal when I was younger with a Cox engine and the whole deal but never actually got it together. I should really get back into it sometime.

Regarding the documents, they'll look different depending on where you live and seem to have changed quite a great deal in the past few years so you'll just have to go through the process and find out.

Check out both the new and second hand rides. Second hand will save you the registration hassle and get you riding quick. Downside is finding one that's in good condition and/or easy to repair.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Yes, of course you could get a second hand bike, the problem with this could be that it will probably be a small capacity cheapo bike. Which means that you'll probably be in and out of the local repair guys shack, with yet another problem, and probably with tires the consistency of granite.

It is still an option worth considering, make sure you get have necessary insurance and registration documents that come with the bike and that the registration is not fake (quite common where I am). Also that the speedo hasn't been clocked. Figure out what any second hand bike would be worth new and halve it if the bike is 1-2 years old and a quarter to a third if the bike is older than that. Try to find a bike that you can verify is not over a year or two old, as some of them don't remain reliable for long. If the engine has Yamaha Suzuki or Honda stamped on it that's a good sign. Don't pay too much, if the bike is 3 years old and cost about RMB5000 new expect to pay RMB2000.

Either that or locate a Yamaha motorcycle dealership, bring a trusted reliable Chinese friend with you (make sure they bring their ID card). Order a YBR250, wait a week or two for them to get the bike and enjoy hassle free riding! Bike should cost RMB22,000 maybe a bit more. (If you get one and want to leave China later, I'll buy it!)

Yeah those are proper looking 250's and should be awesomely practical for all kinds of riding. Wonder why they aren't available in the US?

CC

5. #15 Went to the motorcycle shop today - ybr 250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I went to the Yamaha shop today and they told me they could order the YBR250 and it would be here in 1 - 2 days. They called and confirmed pricing on it. They told me 25000 initially, but I told them I heard I could buy one for 21000 thinking they would come down. After 15-20 minutes of negotiating they finally told me the best they could do was 23800. Also, they want a 5000 deposit. I am guessing there is one nearby so I might have to go looking this weekend.

I am really wondering if I should get that one or get the YBR 125 for 8000. They also had a european export YBR125 that looked identical for 9000. They claimed it was better somehow but I put them side by side and compared for 20 minutes and couldn't find any difference.

I think the 125 would probably be easier to fix on the road with more spares here.

If I could import it to the US I think I might get the 250. I get to bring a 20' container worth of stuff when I return. I figure I might be able to dissasemble it for shipping and reassemble back in the US. Might be hard to get a license plate though. Anyone ever tried it?

Decisions, decisions.

Anyone know what a fair price for a YBR125 is?

Seems awfully expensive for a 250cc. The Jialing JH600 is 29000RMB, the new Shineray X2 250 is 14000RMB, the Galaxy FTR 250 is 11000RMB, the QingQi 200GY is less than 10000RMB.

Plus you'll have to add road taxes, insurance ...

The YBR 125 should be around 6000/7000 like all the upper range Japanese 125 bikes here.

Yes the YBR250 basically considered too expensive by everyone in China. I have a theory for this and it's basically that the YBR250 is made in other factories around the world, and Yamaha think if they sell it too cheap in China they will have loads of 'gray imports' arriving in other countries that have a regional factory, being bad for business.

The Chinese YBR 125 is proven reliable, as we know that someone on this forum has gone from Shanghai to Germany on it. If you do a lot of city and very twisty mountain roads the YBR 125 will be fun. Also the speed that bikes prices depreciate here, the more expensive the bike, the more you loose if you sell it. The YBR125 could get boring on some kinds of roads.

I'd get the export YBR125 usually, but if I had the money the YBR250.

8. #18 helow friends 
    In Brasil is FAZER 250 fazer_limited_1.jpg its is a limited edctionm sorry unfortunately I do not know speak English

Whoa! Black with red pin stripes! Very cool!!!
    Do you own one?

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Whoa! Black with red pin stripes! Very cool!!!
    Do you own one?

CC

Hello Carl I have some friends that this is one of the best bikes here in Brazil is fast and economical the engine has EFI and is balanced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast