Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: JSZ moto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: JSZ moto 
    My brother in law actually gets bribe offers at the port in Shenzhen for this shit all of the time. Seems to have come full circle now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Follow bikerdoc's & Graham's advice.

Personally, I am also 100% sure that this is 100% illegal.

Bikes that are smuggled into China are almost always stolen, or "salvage-title" bikes, commonly from Japan, Korea, USA, etc. There have been plenty of natural disasters where bikes have been written off, bought in a salvage sale, disassembled into parts, only to reappear in some back-alley shop in China, where apprentice Zhang bolts it back together with a crescent wrench & ball-peen hammer. I'd guess many of the Japan-tsunami bikes are sitting in Guangzhou and Tianjin, right next to the hot-to-the-touch models.

"Paperwork" and "plates" are very easy to get. There is also a cottage industry of changing serial numbers, which is why the Traffic Management Branch (at least in Beijing), takes a cellophane imprint of the frame & engine numbers and scans them into their computers. If you are buying a cloned bike, it is virtually impossible for the crooks to make a perfect match of the stamped numbers (the originals often do not line up). Any concern from the Traffic Police about the legitimacy of your "great deal", and they take another imprint and then check the two scans. I know this first-handed as I almost purchased one of these cloned bikes. Fortunately, my licensing agent thought it was just too good a deal, so he asked the police to check - yup, a cloned bike.

As bikerdoc notes, a legal, used Hayabusa would be 200K ... but it is highly unlikely that you're looking at a legal bike when they were not even being imported during that year.

Seriously, if these guys could really offer legal bikes for those prices, they'd be overwhelmed by the wealthy kids in Beijing.

2. #12 Re: JSZ moto 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    There are quite a few legal options...
    Qijiang/Benelli BJ600
    CFMoto 650NK (650T-1) or 650TR (650T-2) and the 650T-3 adventure model using the same engine for release after CNY 2013
    Loncin LX650 release sometime possibly this year or 2013. Based on the 650 single cylinder BMW inspired ROTAX engine.
    Jialing JH600 two or three wheeler
    Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & M10R VZR1800 (prebook orders through authorised/legit Suzuki dealerships)
    Honda ST1300 (preorders through official Honda dealerships)
    Harley Davidson official dealers (BJ, SH, Suzhou, Wenzhou etc) the cheapest is the 883 at around 93k plus taxes, plate etc.
    BMW Motorrad stores (full range on offer, cheapest being the G650GS single without ABS)
    Ducati, Benelli, Piaggio... via the official dealerships/business partners.

For links and pricing check under the deals from dealers threads...

There is also Jimmy Yu, Joy Motors in SH http://www.motogpchina.com/, that seem to be importing bikes legally (with pricing to match)...

3. #13 Re: JSZ moto 
    Thanks for the site man! I'll call him for details. The Yamaha V-Max is looking tasty right now as well, or maybe that is my Chinese made lack of taste coming in after all these years haha

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    There are quite a few legal options...
    Qijiang/Benelli BJ600
    CFMoto 650NK (650T-1) or 650TR (650T-2) and the 650T-3 adventure model using the same engine for release after CNY 2013
    Loncin LX650 release sometime possibly this year or 2013. Based on the 650 single cylinder BMW inspired ROTAX engine.
    Jialing JH600 two or three wheeler
    Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & M10R VZR1800 (prebook orders through authorised/legit Suzuki dealerships)
    Honda ST1300 (preorders through official Honda dealerships)
    Harley Davidson official dealers (BJ, SH, Suzhou, Wenzhou etc) the cheapest is the 883 at around 93k plus taxes, plate etc.
    BMW Motorrad stores (full range on offer, cheapest being the G650GS single without ABS)
    Ducati, Benelli, Piaggio... via the official dealerships/business partners.

For links and pricing check under the deals from dealers threads...

There is also Jimmy Yu, Joy Motors in SH http://www.motogpchina.com/, that seem to be importing bikes legally (with pricing to match)...

4. #14 Re: JSZ moto 
    Its complicated, there are things to consider basically a catalogue exists year on year that defines what can be imported, obviously all the models list are approved for 2012 and in that they meet all the 2012 regulations.

The question would be what about importing for personal use a used model, each year had a catalogue, so the question would be can a used motorcycle listed in that years relative catalogue be imported?

The taxes are 45% and the VAT on top of that so any imports basically are double in costs at least. So a CBR1000 could be imported maybe and a 2009 in the USA can be bought for say about $8,000.00 plus freight to get it to china add another $2,000.00, so you could theoretically get one imported maybe and exempted from being CCC approved and grandfathered in as a model year before the level 2010 III emissions.
    For about $20,000.00.

This link is dated 2005, but it gives some insight into what was once possible to do and could offer some insight or at least contacts that are knowledgeable in the maters.

http://www.ccc-us.com/cccwaiver.htm

5. #15 Re: JSZ moto 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Importation of used bikes and cars are banned. as is parallel importing of anything already available in mainland China. e.g. if a bike (vehicle) model is sold here already then theoretically it cannot be imported. Prices for calculating duties and applicable taxes are not transparent, and are often based on what China customs decide something is worth, not necessarily what any invoice supplied might show. The approval process can be difficult to navigate and be time consuming. I have been waiting for the release of official documents for importing a new XT1200Z now for more than 6 months, even though I got verbal approval from the powers that be, months and months ago. It is not impossible, but it is a lengthy process and a potentially costly one too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12