Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: Driving in Shanghai: Traffic lights, big avenues and one-way streets? 
    No need for any confessions or apologies when all you are doing is having good fun!

He who dies with the most toys, wins! You are ahead and can be proud!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #62 Re: Driving in Shanghai: Traffic lights, big avenues and one-way streets? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Sorry about that - my bad - I need a good ride!

BTW, to set the record straight (although a few MCM members already know this). I confess that I own a Harley (actually, I somehow managed to buy a second). I also confess that I own black leathers & a black half helmet. And I also confess that my leathers have lots of HOG, HD and skull patches & pins on them (I even have a wallet with a belt chain!). And yup, I sometimes dress and act the pirate part. But, more than anything, I enjoy laughing at my ridiculous costume on top of an overweight frame (the bike, of course) ... it is all quite silly, to be honest. But I like it every now and then.

Then again, I also ride a painfully old & junky farmer Honda (125cc on a good day) with my farmer costume (one of those green army coats I bought to fight off the Harbin winters). Also lots of fun when I need to visit one of the jumbled markets on the outskirts of Beijing ... and I fit right in with the crowd, as I always have a smoke hanging from my lips (with its ash carefully kept in place - an amazing riding skill, perfected after years in China, of which I am proud of).

Some call me the Imelda Marcos of Beijing, but with bikes/costumes instead of shoes.

OK, we all need a group hug ... but I ain't gunna be the guy in the middle. I do have a few basic standards.

We all need a good ride (not sure about the group hug tho), no harm done.

I'll be more careful, I wouldn't want to mess with someone fitting ur Harley days descrition.

Or maybe I would; since ur lack of neck tattoos and oversized moustache suggests you wouldn't mind...

Peace.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567