Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Kymoc Venox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kymoc Venox 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hello fellow China riders:

My friend and I are looking to upgrade to larger rides, and are both really interested in the Kymoc Venox. I've heard it retails around 60,000 rmb. Is this true? Also, is there any retailer in Beijing that has some in their showroom to take a look at?

Thanks!
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi

2. #2 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Hi

Yes, the Venox retail price is 58,800.

I've seen these at both FLH (Lido area, but tough to find) and Qili (South 5th ring road, but easily accessed off Line 5).

Good luck!

3. #3 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    C-Moto Regular
    Many thanks.

Hmm. So there is no official dealer in Beijing? Makes me kind of worried about after sales service, especially after spending over 60k rmb after taxes and plates. Need to give this some thought.

4. #4 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    Quote Originally Posted by GJN View Post
    So there is no official dealer in Beijing? Makes me kind of worried about after sales service, especially after spending over 60k rmb after taxes and plates. Need to give this some thought.
    I think Qili is an authorized Kymco dealer, and I think this might be the Venox at the Qili dealership? Hard to see the bike.

Qili has also just opened a fancy-shmancy service department.

5. #5 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    IS there a bike in that picture?
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

6. #6 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    Yes! Where is the bike?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #7 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    KYMCO is not manufacturing anything other then scooters, CUBS and small bikes in china, they import the Venox model and a few other scooters that they manufacture in Taiwan.

KYMCO has some new bikes they are offering that are made in china, but they are only gawdy plastic clad versions of CG bikes. Kymco is so much following the Chinese industry that they even make GN bikes with CG engines, their product line has them on the same skid into a ditch as the rest of the industry.

常州光阳摩托车有限公司

KYMCO has a partner in China and they are not taking much of a different approach either, in fact their partner has lost a third of it production the first half of this year over last years production numbers .

However they have a quite partnership formed with Kawasaki in the area of small engine development.

The parties in China simply do not see motorcycles as lucrative enough to expand into, expect more offerings but in that expect higher prices, even when they are made in china.

Most would see the Venox as a small bike, and the engine not really limited to a cruiser, they could mass produce that engine into a full line of bikes and sell them globally. It has a modern engine, but that Kymco is limiting it to one model seems both conventional and unconventional as it’s a V-twin but its water cooled, has 8 valves and a DOHC and they covered the engine with fax air cooling fins and clad its gear box with chrome. In the west it was called a fake cruiser thingy.

Here is a review….
    Last edited by MJH; 09-20-2012 at 04:41 AM.

8. #8 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    C-Moto Regular
    Ok, so my friend really liked the Kymco, but in the end he decided to purchase a lightly used Regal Raptor 250 with A plate already attached. I haven't heard from him since the registration went through though. I'm guessing he driving around the city with impunity given the fact that he no longer is riding a bike with expired tianjin plates.

As for myself, I'm really liking the GW250. I think I'm going to wait until next spring however to see some more in-depth reviews.Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg

9. #9 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    He is probably out looking for the two girls in the earlier photo
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

10. #10 Re: Kymoc Venox 
    Wow! A city of 20 million, yet so tiny.

Your friend bought my Regal Raptor (unique A plate number!) I acquired that bike from the original owner through HOG - I traded a valuable guitar for it. It came with the A plate, but a Chinese registration, so when I plated it I got lucky and acquired that very unique number (foreign registration 47nnn)! I only put a few hundred kms on it, using it to train a couple of people how to handle a cruiser-style bike (it was never dropped).

Here it is at the Laoshan training grounds a couple of months ago, with one of my students (yes, I yelled at her for no helmet!):

The original owner was meticulous with his maintenance.

I had left the Regal Raptor at Qili, asking if they'd take a crack at selling it for me. Called me a few days later saying "sold."

By the way, I dropped off the alarm charger for it, yesterday, when I picked up my plated GW. Sorry, I forget to leave that with Qili.

If the new owner has any questions, he's free to contact me, of course. I see he put new bars on it!

Enjoy!

And, for more eye-candy out at Qili ...

http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17392489.htm

http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17334436.htm

http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17363578.htm

The dealer has a group of models there every Saturday. So if you go on that day, be sure to leave sweety at home or else you will get a very sore shoulder from the constant punches.
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 09-28-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast