Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. #71 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by gorka View Post
    Nice review Topmanda,
    I would say pretty much the same. Coincindentaly, I also had (still have, in Spain) a Honda CB, so we both come from almost the same bike (mine is a 500 twin, but the frame is pretty much the same, I know because I tried a 400 here in China)
    The thing is, I will change the horn and mirrors straight away. I already took note of the horn you recommend and BBS finds so evocative. But I have no idea how to find the mirrors, and where I am, in a small town south of Tianjin, there is no chance of finding a shop. Do you have any info or link I can give to my local artist so he can order and install them? Hope you can help, those things simply dont stay in place!
    Thanks a lot.
    Gorka.
    Hi gorka

Just order them on Taobao and deliver it directly to ur Bikeman or let him order...
    I bought this ones on Taobao in Black
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=26508800962
    For sure not Original Rizomas for that prize but the Mirrors are really good made, strong and fit very good. Adjustable to ur needs without problems. No vibrations and solid.
    Try them out and u know if u like em or not. Just 170 RMB it`s worth for a "Try and Error" test...

And the Honk is also very good and a clear recommendation from my side. Also not to expensive and ready for a "Try and Error" test...

Cheers

2. #72 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Thanks BBS,
    well, that was fast! Sure the mirrors will work for me. My bike is second hand and the right mirrors just ends up showing me the floor after a while!
    Tomorrow I will take the printouts of the mirrors, and also of the horn to my man. Sure I will earn some much needed attention with that Germanly sound ;-)
    By the way, your bike looks great in that matte black!
    Best wishes,
    Gorka.
    Just one more thing, I gather from your posts you have arrived recently to China. At the risk of sounding paternal, just watch out when you are riding, expect anything, all the time.

3. #73 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks BBS,
    well, that was fast! Sure the mirrors will work for me. My bike is second hand and the right mirrors just ends up showing me the floor after a while!
    Tomorrow I will take the printouts of the mirrors, and also of the horn to my man. Sure I will earn some much needed attention with that Germanly sound ;-)
    By the way, your bike looks great in that matte black!
    Best wishes,
    Gorka.
    Just one more thing, I gather from your posts you have arrived recently to China. At the risk of sounding paternal, just watch out when you are riding, expect anything, all the time.

:)
    I know what u mean...

I am now since nearly 1 1/2 Years in China and i know how they are all driving here. Like drunken monkeys... ;)

Cheers

4. #74 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Well enjoy your 650NKs mates!

5. #75 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Thanks, and sorry for kidnapping your thread Topmanda.
    Comming back to the issue, I would like to share that I installed today the same couple of horns as you recommended and BBS later on followed, (thanks for the advice)
    Someone asked before about installation, so I can tell you that I was able to place very easily both in "V" shape just using the original plates that come in the box. Sure I had to cut out the cables connectors so I could thread the new ones in parallel, but the mechanical part was no issue.
    Like BBS says, it sounds like a Mercedes. Well, sadly I have never had one, but that is how I would expect it to sound! Strongly recommended.
    And check your coolant level and hose clamps!

6. #76 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Hah! I only installed one out the 2, maybe I should put the other one and see the difference.

7. #77 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    Hah! I only installed one out the 2, maybe I should put the other one and see the difference.
    Install both, will make a big difference, since one is high tone and the other will be low tone. Combined means that people with better hearing in one specific tone will have a greater chance of actually hearing the horn vz-a-vz the other tone and vice-versa. Mind you one might think that nearly everyone here is either deaf or blind, or a combination of the two...

Last edited by bikerdoc; 09-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.

8. #78 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    This is how they look in my bike.
    The 0º / 270º disposition is to avoid interferences.
    2027.jpg2031.jpg

9. #79 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    This is how they look in my bike.
    The 0º / 270º disposition is to avoid interferences.
    2027.jpg2031.jpg
    Looks like great horns and i bet there sound great i see from the pictures does the nut on the back have locking tabs ??? not sure if you used them if not i hope you used some loctite 243.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #80 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Thanks for the advice Prince.
    The nut is welded and the M8 screw has a self locking flanged head. You may consider as well that the mass of the horns is very low and the elastic plates isolate the screw from flexion torque.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast