Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    I dunno if its a special or what, my friend took the pics, i dont think he knows either

2. #22 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Looks like the plastic panels are not painted.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #23 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    has anyone seen this baby,,,,,,,,,,so cool, was taken at the quangzhou fair

How cool these colours go togetherAttachment 9110
    I like this look better. The standard red frame just doesn't do it for me.

4. #24 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    I like this look better. The standard red frame just doesn't do it for me.
    Does anyone else think that the handlebars look shitty on the CF?

5. #25 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Topmanda, nice review and mods. Being the owner of the same bike (in Nanjing), I'm very interested in that speedo assembly you wrote about. Is that an aftermarket thing or CFMoto made? Where did you get the info from? Will it be available at the dealers or do I have to go through taobao?
    And, yes, I think you got your mileage correct. I keep mine fuelled with #97 gas and the results are around 10-11L/100 km in the city traffic. Not really a problem, since I use it to commute to work and back, but could be annoying in a long trip.
    Oh, and one more about EFI: you said there was a problem with TPS, how long did it take the shop to diagnose it and deal with that?
    Cheers,
    Keep us posted!
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 11-06-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: question added

6. #26 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Oy Steve,

the speedometer will be released beginning of 2012 (Jan/feb). It's my dealer (wuzhong lu, Shanghai) who told me to wait a semester as cfmoto planned to release a new version. I wanted to install the Kawa er6n 2012 speedo which fitted perfectly to the NK.

They did a full review of the bike with computer and stuff, took them 30min to notice the malfunction of the TPS, about 20 to change it.
    Have another problem: it seems that my speedo inform me of an empty tank (“E” is flashing) when there’s 6L left, not 4L as written in the guide (full tank 17l), will try to correct that.

Hope it helps

Z

7. #27 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    I wonder if they're going to release the speedo separately as a necessary upgrade or together with a new bike, say, 650NK-1. I mean, what's the use of just upgrading a speedo by itself? Is t like the buggiest part or something?
    Speaking of an ER6N speedo, you said it fits perfectly. So have you finally installed it or not? And how much does that retail for? I know that on 650NK the speedo is connected to the main circuitry by a huge plug. Do you mean the plug fits the speedo from ER6N or do you have to modify the connections somehow?
    I think we're experiencing similar problems: say, I had to change the speedo assembly after that misting problem occurred (as seen in my review of the bike). A couple of weeks later it started showing weird fuel levels - the readings were always lower than what was in the tank. And I had the same problem with the tank being read as "empty" when in fact it was half full. Then it disappeared all by itself and now I have the readings right and what I see on the gauge is (pretty much) what I have in the tank.
    But then there's another thing: when I turn the key and engage the engine killswitch (the big red knob on the right handlebar), the red EFI warning light blinks about 7-10 times and then shuts off. The bike starts and rides just like it did before, no changes. I wonder what that might be because that light wasn't blinking before. So is it like my speedo started doing a right thing or the readings are off the wall - I know not.

8. #28 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    A couple of weeks later it started showing weird fuel levels - the readings were always lower than what was in the tank. And I had the same problem with the tank being read as "empty" when in fact it was half full. Then it disappeared all by itself and now I have the readings right and what I see on the gauge is (pretty much) what I have in the tank.
    It's probably not fault of the speedometer, but of the sensor or it's float which is located in the fuel tank.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #29 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    I also think it's the tank fuel sensor, but again, I don't know if the speedo has any signal postprocessing system built inside. I'm too lazy, should probably finally start reading/translating the bike's manual into English...
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 11-09-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: info added

10. #30 Re: My Review of the CFMOTO 650NK 
    Agreed with Zorge, it the floater that's fucked up
    Speedomeer of the Kawa 2012 er6n has exactly the same size/volum, you'll have to adapt some cables for sure.
    didn't buy it yet, th new speedo is supposed to have a better reading + more functions, so I'm waiting for that one before investing in the jap one

No need to go through your chinese manual, go through the english one to save you some time ;)
    http://www.cfmoto-us.com/uploads/fil...1d4e1e515b.pdf

for your problem with th EFI light, I had the same and it finished with what I described before: change the the TPS.

good luck,

Z.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast