what can I say. I feel and share your pain. The shame is that is a dealer who lets the side down. The other shame is that these dealers also don't give a flying fark, they are just after the quick money like most in this place. Some of the manufacturers are from a similar mould too which doesn't help. All I can add without getting to cynical and pessimistic about this hell hole, is this is situation repeated in all manner of interactions with the locals in different situations and circumstances.
Case in point.
We have it at the moment with the compound where we live. We are meant to be moving from our currently lived in villa (for the past six years) which is falling apart (Canadian designed, but Chinese constructed (CRAP!) so we are slated to move out into another villa to allow extensive repairs on the current one. At the moment the compound management has hired a team to supposedly fix the villa we are meant to move into; whereby with the last two typhoons having dumped enormous amounts of rain and high winds, leading to bad leaks on the top floor master bedroom ceiling and around several window frames in two of the four upstairs bedrooms (damaging the Gib board/dry rock surfaces). Most of the ceiling was heavily stained from water damage and some mould started forming on both the ceiling and the floor under the carpet, which I lifted in an attempt to let it dry out, as well as the window frames.

After meetings, deliberations and decisions made, and me telling the compound assistant maanger that they need to remove the ceiling due to the Gib getting water logged and therefore needing replacement, which would also allow "someone" with a clue (what a stupid idea on my part) to actually determine where the leak is coming from in the roofing (as this is the second time leaks to this ceiling had occurred, the first time it was supposedly repaired properly). I was astounded on Thursday to find that the jackasses doing said repair have painted over the areas stained, no Gib replacement of any kind. On the roof, no tiles have been lifted, instead they are applying tubes and tubes of silicone sealant, I'd imagine around the edges of the roofing tiles. Give me a farking break... man these people!

Back to HD, LJH you might find Jimmy (Taiwanese) of Suzhou HD a little more favourable to deal with... but then there the monkeys underneath him that would do the work... and that's often where the trouble begins. Often clueless... and for anyone reading this who hasn't been in China living here for a length of time, you really wouldn't have a clue how genuinely farked up the place is... while these are my thoughts and I realise they are generalisations... it is what it is... at times a farkin joke!