Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 help me sell my bike 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    So I'm settling down back home, I don't see myself coming back to China in the next couple of years.

My bike is sitting in a garage in Chengdu, the alternator was toasted and I couldn't continue my trip to Beijing last year. The bike is fine otherwise, starts easily with the kickstarter. Of course no lights of any kind since the alternator is toasted. Dark tunnels are scary, and much more so if riding through on a bike. The engine is doesn't have enough power though, if I were to keep the bike, i'd spend an extra 2000 rmb to put in a new Loncin 250cc. Other than power issues, if the electric system is fixed, bike is just fine.

The bike is registered in Kunming. Green book is also in Kunming now. But insurance is expired. Also, when is it due for inspection? If it's due, im supposed to take it to Kunming to renew the registration.

So how should I go about selling it? Do I fly in to Chengdu, put the bike on a train and ship to KM? Kunming train station is inside of 2nd ring road, bikes not allowed, would the bike be impounded if stopped by police?

If someone from Chengdu wants to buy the bike, could they do the inspection in Chengdu and keep the KM plates?

I'm just coming to China to take my stuff, if the bike can cover the ticket cost, less than 5000 rmb, I'm happy.
    Last edited by slabo; 08-31-2013 at 01:37 PM.