Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: help my sell my bike 
    I am looking at the same problem bike has a plate on in the name of the person who i am thinking of buying from ??

so here is what he said i need to do to get the bike in my name in a new city ..

First method is you and/or your wife would come here, bringing your passport (showing valid visa)/ID card, along with the PSB residence registration slip etc. We go to the Traffic PSB where plate was issued taking the bike (very close to my home). We complete some forms. You pay a transaction fee (approx. cny100). The bikes plates are removed, and all the associated paperwork/documents for the bike are collated and put together into a 'file' which is then sealed into an envelope which is not to be opened. This envelope you give to your Traffic PSB in your location (you have either 21/28 days to do this). You fill out some forms to get a new plate. They then complete the formalities there to provide you a plate.

hope this infore helps ...
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #22 Re: help my sell my bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    if you can do the necessary repairs,Me to will buy it.Anyhow thanks to all here for nice contribution.
    Do the hard part first

3. #23 Re: help my sell my bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob whitworthsocket's Avatar
    Western Australia, often Udon Thani Thailand
    Hello Slabo,
    Can you tell me if the bike has been sold or Not?
    Regards Whitworth
    Previous. Honda CB400-4, Ducati 860 GTS, Ducati 900SS, Yamaha TT500, Motoguzzi V50, BMW 80/7,Kawasaki KLR250, BMW 100/7.My all time favourite-BMW R80G/S.
    Current BMW K75c Vespa 150, Zundapp-Bella 200, Jawacezeta 175.

4. #24 Re: help my sell my bike 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by whitworthsocket View Post
    Hello Slabo,
    Can you tell me if the bike has been sold or Not?
    Regards Whitworth
    hello whitworthsocket,

No bike hasn't been sold. I didn't have the papers to sell it back then. I just landed in Kunming a few days ago. I'm mailing the bike to kunming, just got off the phone and they're sending it tomorrow. Would take a week to get here, busy chinese newyear. Where are you? The bike has Kunming plates so I was preferring to sell it in Kunming. I can also keep it in Chengdu if you prefer that. PM'd you my number for details.. please leave a message with your number if I don't answer ..

5. #25 Re: help my sell my bike 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    I just landed in Kunming a few days ago.
    What's this? Slabo is back in China!!!!!

FYI, Naim, there's a couple of Shanghai JH600 riders who will be pitching up in Kunming tomorrow (Friday) around midday and heading south toward Laos.

Glad to have you back. How long are you staying? Best regards to you and 豆豆.

cheers
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #26 Re: help my sell my bike 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    What's this? Slabo is back in China!!!!!
    Yup, good to be back. Although my little China sanctuary Kunming is slowly turning into another mega city. Even the locals are not as laid back and friendly as they used to be. Don't know why, maybe it's all the money thats flooding in, cause of the construction everywhere.. Whatever the reason, Kunming is not the Kunming I once loved.

FYI, Naim, there's a couple of Shanghai JH600 riders who will be pitching up in Kunming tomorrow (Friday) around midday and heading south toward Laos.
    Very very jealous, unfortunately, I couldn't get my bike shipped in from Chengdu. We were quoted 500rmb to move it to the trainstation and onto the truck. Told them it's around 150kg. It's just a 10 minute drive to the train station. They get there, see the bike and then they want 1000... everything becomes impossible nearing Chinese new year's. It used to be a 3 day holiday, now it spans 3 weeks, even a couple of weeks before nobody wants to work..

So the old steed is stuck in Chengdu, until I find someone to go and ride it down to the train station and put it on a train to Kunming...

[/QUOTE]Glad to have you back. How long are you staying? Best regards to you and 豆豆.

cheers
    euphonius[/QUOTE]

I'm only here for another couple of days. Really just came to see Chen. Glad to hear from you. I am changing my mind about selling the bike. Really it's proving to be a real hassle and I want to have the option of touring China anytime I can get a week off, I just wish I could get it to Kunming, it's easier for me to store it there.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123