Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    I thought it best to update this, the Division 250 has a 223cc engine that is manufactured by a company called TYAN that also manufactures engines for ZONTE which is actually Haojiang. TYAN seems to have a respectable client list for its engines.

2. #12 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Haojiang offers some of the nicer Chinese made motorcycles, they offer for example a very good copy of the Suzuki GS125 and it seems to get its engine sourced from TYAN.

3. #13 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    The products converge in the wholesaling and that can be plainly seen on the this Senke Globalmarket B2B website.

These manufactures may want to consider differentiating more then combining, at least at the wholesaling level. I can see Haojiang as well as Senke designs on that site, but also some others offerings that are not displayed on either companies websites.

Detailing the engines and disclosing the sources as TYAN could benefits all involved.

Retailers often cherry pick out of the offerings, re-branding further confuses customers and in that really makes supporting with parts and technical specifications more difficult.

4. #14 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    These companies have decent distribution partners, but loose brand identity in retail. It must be difficult to convince the distributor to utilize the OEM brand, but ultimately doing so serves everyone best. Because standard parts with singular source ID numbers is most efficient. Keeping with common brand names and associated supply lines make it all clearer to all involved. It is not uncommon for manufactures to differentiate there offering in classifications even offer lines of models in certain categories and even give them their own names, but the source is important to identify. One company can have divisions that have teams that work to develop lines that are different.

Zonte is only a brand that is sourced through Haojiang, but it is not really needed in fact it would have served them better to sell the bikes under the Haojiang brand and in fact some of the offering they make are very marketable in Europe learner class and currently are not offered there.

They also are loosing out on potential expansion by not having the more powerful engines ready for the learners when the move up and with offerings that carry the brand they started with, if they had good luck with their first bike they will gravitate to that brand for the next bike.

Tyan should be investing in new engines,. They should be investing in the 250cc-500cc engines sequentially and the brands need to establish the base that these future offering are placed into.

5. #15 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Im polish, i had a look at some of the polish forums about romet division 249

People say that the build quality isnt good. Plastic parts start rattling at higher speed and that metal components started rusting straight away. Tires that come with the bike supposed to be rubbish too.

As for the good things...its nippy and the brakes are good

6. #16 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I know that now Haojiang factory prepare some new engines. They start working at 2011.

250 cc ,oil cooled; 600 cc , 4 cylynder.

7. #17 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    I believe the engines are manufactured for both Senke and Haojiang by TYAN. A three party venture for that, but they also sell the engines to others. I would say that TYAN is focused on machining engines and engine parts.

I am not a big fan of the Romet Divisions design, the engine yes and that is made by TYAN .
    The plastic is not needed, less plastic is better and metals need to be improved they are not galvanizing the frames and doing so would increase value.

I still think this is what the engine should be in, this is a CB230 it has a 223cc engine. I am not going to say the TYAN engine is better then the Honda but it has a balance shaft and rates slightly more powerful.

The easiest way to get close to that would be this bike made by Haojiang and simply put the bigger engine in it.

Haojing also has a mono shock frame that is likely the same as the Senke Romet, they advertise it as the ZT200-7A Phantom, Haojiang sells under the brands Zonte and also Tayo.

The 199cc engine is rated at 10.5kw the 223cc is rated higher then that, the B2B websites often get it wrong on specifications.

8. #18 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I believe the engines are manufactured for both Senke and Haojiang by TYAN. A three party venture for that, but they also sell the engines to others. I would say that TYAN is focused on machining engines and engine parts.

I am not a big fan of the Romet Divisions design, the engine yes and that is made by TYAN .
    The plastic is not needed, less plastic is better and metals need to be improved they are not galvanizing the frames and doing so would increase value.

I still think this is what the engine should be in, this is a CB230 it has a 223cc engine. I am not going to say the TYAN engine is better then the Honda but it has a balance shaft and rates slightly more powerful.

The easiest way to get close to that would be this bike made by Haojiang and simply put the bigger engine in it.

Haojing also has a mono shock frame that is likely the same as the Senke Romet, they advertise it as the ZT200-7A Phantom, Haojiang sells under the brands Zonte and also Tayo.

The 199cc engine is rated at 10.5kw the 223cc is rated higher then that, the B2B websites often get it wrong on specifications.
    Phantom now is under re-design. TYAN prepare new engine for that model, 250 cc with fuel injection (from Delphi). I will show more pictures then will be ready.

9. #19 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    There is a Thai manufacturer named Tiger that offers a bike with a 250cc they call it the F4250 Boxer. It looks rough but the concept is not bad, I like the red head cover and the tank design.

Here is a Boxer aka F4 250 owners image gallery.

Tiger may have some affiliation with SACH?
    Tiger offers a very nice retro horizontal 110cc bike,

Last edited by MJH; 01-16-2013 at 03:22 PM.

10. #20 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Frankenstein bike.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast