Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Face it the GS-3 is a very cool bike, I would like to have one.
    Me, too. I was speaking with one of the distributors of HiSun and asked him about the 250cc sportbike they have EPA certification for last year and this year. He told me that HiSun wants too much, so much that he, as a distributor, would have to sell them wholesale for something like $3800 or something like that. He knows he would sell none since the prices of the Honda and Kawasaki are not much more!

It's a shame, because some of the cheaper sport bikes (i.e. dongfang) on scooterdepot retail for $2k or so. If the HiSun bike could retail for less than $3k, they might have a chance to sell a few--key word--might! If they could retail for $2.5k, they would probably sell several to many! I think the HiSun bike is in the same league as the GS-3/Megelli.

2. #102 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    I am not sure who you are communicating with but the Hisun retails for $3,899.00?
    Which is actually an unrealistic price since cycle trader has 124 brand new 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R for sale and they selling for less then the HiSun Vettarino 250, at least most are priced under the Hisun some slightly higher. The Ninja 250 has been replaced as of 2012 with the new 300 that retails for $5,000.00.

I would say that the factory is getting under or near 2K per unit for the 250 HiSUN were what ever factory is manufacturing the DF models are likely getting less then or near 1K per unit. The more comparable 250 SSR dual sports out of Pioneer are fetching about $1.3K per unit or about that.

I do not know what Zongshen gets per unit or what their real costs to manufacture their 250 models are? But they can or could achieve a good economy of scale with these since they have that in the engine as it is pretty prominent in the market. However based on retail pricing of other makes with the NC250 engine I would assume that all of them are hovering around or near $2K at cost out of the factory. A pretty common rule of thumb economically is a X2 for that for any realistic retail pricing, in that if that price does not fit the market range in a certain region then its simply unwise to assume it has any viability to sell in that market.

Since the GW250 is retailing for $4,000.00, it can be assumed that they are coming out of China @ around 2K and costs to distribute offset by the existing system of Suzuki North America already being in place. It is likely that the dealer costs are around 3K per unit, probably about 2.7-2.8k?

3. #103 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    To complete the picture, each of these factories often break even or in many instances take a lose per unit. They then go to banks that loan them money filling the banks with high risk loans. The industry is not able to do much more then make cheap repetitive models that they sell often for little or no profit. They refuse to die off as each region wants to keep their manufacturing, it employees people and they even look away from the illegal practices as it is seen as an advantage in competition, it’s a 250cc with paper saying 150cc? Fake emissions reports….sold out the back door without certification….

I do not even believe there is such a factory as DONGFANG its likely a cooperative of factories, that is hiding from liability, a puppet company more or less.

4. #104 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I do not even believe there is such a factory as DONGFANG its likely a cooperative of factories, that is hiding from liability, a puppet company more or less.
    I wonder about this theory--it seems very difficult to track these guys down, doesn't it? As far as the $3.8k wholesale quote--I meant $2.8k per bike, and he ups it from there, making it too close to the Honda/Kawasaki price once the MSRP price is listed, meaning not a lot of HiSuns will sell. That wholesale price is well above the $2k retail price of some of the leaders of cheap sportbikes sold by Countyimports, scooterdepot, powersportsmax, etc. However, a majority of those are probably coming from the 'mysterious' Don Fang conglomerate. But people see bottom line, and that drives their purchase impulses; if they can afford more, it usually means financing, and Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki are right there with motorsports loans for entry level bikes.

5. #105 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I wonder about this theory--it seems very difficult to track these guys down, doesn't it? As far as the $3.8k wholesale quote--I meant $2.8k per bike, and he ups it from there, making it too close to the Honda/Kawasaki price once the MSRP price is listed, meaning not a lot of HiSuns will sell. That wholesale price is well above the $2k retail price of some of the leaders of cheap sportbikes sold by Countyimports, scooterdepot, powersportsmax, etc. However, a majority of those are probably coming from the 'mysterious' Don Fang conglomerate. But people see bottom line, and that drives their purchase impulses; if they can afford more, it usually means financing, and Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki are right there with motorsports loans for entry level bikes.
    Hi

I own a robinson byq125-8. I need the user manual of the bike as the importer of our country did not provide the manual. Please help me.

6. #106 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    C-Moto Noob
    Zongshen have abandoned their Brazilian operation. They are not suplying any parts or motorcycle. Really a shame. They reached 3rd position on sales in 2011. Now they sell almost nothing...

7. #107 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtu View Post
    Zongshen have abandoned their Brazilian operation. They are not suplying any parts or motorcycle. Really a shame. They reached 3rd position on sales in 2011. Now they sell almost nothing...
    That would be Kasinski and a joint venture with Hyosung.

8. #108 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtu View Post
    http://www.economist.com/news/specia...ey-price-wrong

9. #109 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Redesign of the Z-ONE for 2015

10. #110 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    They also have a new dual sport 150...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast