Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    The updated Z-one looks a little Kawasaki Versys 2007-2014

2. #112 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Yes, it's popular design...

Lifan_LF250ZH2B.jpg

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #113 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    HD is based in Wisconsin not Michigan, I am just saying. This bike is made by who? I’ve seen some other bikes that look a lot like these and seriously none of these are a Sportster and the HD brand and its model names are for sure trademarks and copyrighted and this bit is certainly abusing that.
    My first guess would be that XGJAO is making these, if I was to guess who has any business with HD in China I have heard that Zongshen makes some of their spares for the Chinese sold HD models.
    http://www.lexmoto.co.uk/ZS125-79.php
    “Experience the freedom of the open road with the Lexmoto Michigan. Offering superior build quality from a manufacturer associated with Harley Davidson the Michigan provides a fantastic package for the learner legal market. With sportster style looks and a relaxed seating position the Michigan provides a great mixture of attractive design and ergonomics. With finishing touches such as Footboards and LED indicators the premium finish is immediately clear. The motorcycle is powered by a 4 stroke single cylinder engine with balance shaft for the optimum mix of comfort and performance whilst ensuring maximum reliability. Check out the Michigan to see how good motorcycling can be!”

XJGAO and UM

Not a false statement, who knows, the problem is the use of the brand name and a model name. In the US court system they would lose in doing that, using the HD names, without expressed permission, to sell is not ok.

4. #114 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Zongshen has taken up as one of the OEM suppliers for Turkish brand Mondial.

They are offering the RX3 as their RX3i EVO.

10,495.00 TRY = 3,935.73 USD

5. #115 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    AKT is offering the RX3 as their AK 250 TT in Columbia.

8,490,000.00 COP = 3,162.589 USD

6. #116 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    I think that Zongshen should offer the RX3 and the other models they make with that engine direct to American dealers. Factory direct to dealers, I do not think they really need a US operation beyond a data administrator. Just a cloud server linked to the factory, all of it processed online. I believe that US international ports have break out services. Seems like all it requires is a few containers broken out and trucked to all the dealers all at once. The same arrangement could be made for parts, they just need to set up an arrangement with a parts distributor. That be computers linked to the factory in China the server managed here in America, I think one person could do that part time.

I think they need about 50 dealers in America, one for the largest population center in each state. They should seek the largest dealers in each state. These would simply sign up and get inventory, I do not think they need more than that and replenishment or reorders could be done online, as well as registering and any warranty claims. The relationship they have now is weird having one dealer in California and them expecting to be able to manage that for each individual customer. The way they set it up is so limited, they will miss allot of sales with not having a dealer network.

I would think 150 units, would be enough one of each model to each dealer. Then set up an arrangement with a parts vendor. As for a legal entity here it would only need to be an administrator that had strong IT skills they would be responsible to make sure that each dealer was supported with an online interface to the factory in china. That one person would be the front end for the company and the company that being Zongshen would pay them and there administration costs.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2015 at 11:36 AM.

7. #117 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    The RX3 is being offered in the UK as a Honley Venturer 250.

3,149.00 GBP = 4,921.47 USD

8. #118 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Zongshen has race bike they call an RC, they are working on a retail version of the race bike.

RC3

9. #119 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Dual sports, where are they made: DR200 Japan, XT250 Japan, CRF250 Thailand, KLX250 Japan, they are priced from 4.5-5.2k, honesty is such a lonely word.

CSC is not likely to offer these in that price range, their RX3 is under that price range @ $3,500.00
    If they want to get any attention they would have to offer it for $2,500.00.
    223cc OHC 17hp
    Nice looking bike

The people at CSC also are considering the RC3 for importing.

The only motorcycle that was sold under a Japanese brand in the USA that is manufactured in China, was the Suzuki GW250, it is not in their 2016 model line.
    Last edited by MJH; 09-25-2015 at 01:31 PM.

10. #120 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    There really is not very many air cooled singles sold in the US, for dual sports Yamaha has its XT250(Serrow) and TW200 for Suzuki it is only the DR200, the others are water cooled the Yamaha WR250R is the most expensive at $6,700 and certainly the best, the Honda and Kawasaki are also water cooled DOHC 4 valve engines, they are comparable more with the RX3.
    The TT is basically a Honda Broz (South American) with a Zongshen version of the Honda CR230 engine, with an external balance shaft. Similar models are offered online that have an OHV 229cc engine.
    I think that a version that would be most popular here would be if it came with 17” tires and a six gear, it should be geared for street riding. It should come in at least two versions because not everyone wants the same. For example some may want an off-road only version, less all the stuff they eventually break off anyways.
    The 2009 CRF230M did not do well in the US, for no other reason than its very high price tag.

The TT also has better aesthetics then the CRF230, but certainly is not a Honda.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast