Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. #161 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 

2. #162 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    RZ3

3. #163 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Zongshen is implementing a five-year plan:
    The next new models will be the RX4 (450cc) in 2017 and also a RE3 (250cc), the RE are their Cruisers. HMMM me wonders if the RE3 will look much like the UM Renegades?

In 2018 forecasts is for a RX5 (400cc twin) with an RC/Z5 version as well as a RE5 version. That same year they intend to offer a new RA line, its first model will be a 250cc, the new RA line will be Retro street models.

2019 the intention is for larger displacement twins 600-800cc
    2020 850-1200cc twins.

The 450cc single engine is already in production, it’s called the NC450. It is not clear if the 400cc twin is already in production yet, since Zongshen often tests its first releases through other manufactures. The First NC250 offering came to the market that way first appearing in the Megeli Brand, then in others like Jiajue before the release of the RX3. That is very shrewd it gives them a period of cost recovery before they utilize the engine in their own models. It is possible the 400cc twin may be the engine offered in the New Motrac 400, since the plan is for the 400cc twins to be offered in 2018 it is a likely probability that they are the source of the Motrac engine.

There has been an update
    Last edited by MJH; 10-24-2016 at 12:21 AM.

4. #164 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    May we live long and see those bigger displacements in production.

Although, I don't understand why "Zong" doesn't fit those new engines on their own bikes before they reach "Megelli" or "Jiajue".

I still remember those prototypes shown few year ago - one was silver naked bike and the other was full faired sportish bike, both with tush-warmer exhaust. Those could be interesting offerings.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #165 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Even I expect to live another five years, God willing.

They are an engine OEM, they sell the engines to others.
    Bringing an engine to production cost money, allot of money, that cost gets recovered within each sale. If you made only one engine the entire cost of the one engine would include all the research and development costs, if you sell 10,000 engines each would include 1/10,000 of the costs. Research and development costs are recoverable, the more sold the faster the cost recovery.
    Once the research and development costs are fully recovered, after that the engine costs less to produce. At that point if the product continues to sell and even better increases it sales each year then its costs to produce are lowest. It becomes a cash cow as it generates profits.
    When they put the engine in their own models the results are lowered production costs and in that a much more profitable model and also since the engine has already been vetted that only feeds the sales.
    If they only used the engine exclusively the costs would be higher, the units produced lower and the time to recover slower and the development of newer offerings slower as well. Since once the R&D is fully recovered that portion of the cost becomes revenue at each point of sale, much like equity as in positive equity from the investment once the principal is paid off.

6. #166 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    They are on a straight track; the RX4 I suspect will be very popular. The question I have is about the RE3 also scheduled for release next year, will it be the same as what came to the market this year in India through UM as the Renegade 300, those have the 279cc single in them. They may have co-developed that model, which would be very smart.

7. #167 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    here are the specs on the NC450, the engine that will power the RX4

Performance Parameter
    Engine Mode ZS194MQ
    Engine Name NC450
    Displacement 449cc
    Dimension(mm*mm*mm) 377*344*455
    Net weight(kg) 37
    Max power(km/r/min) 32/9000
    Max Torque(N.m/r/min) 40/7000
    Ignition method DC-CDI
    Lubrication method pressure and splash
    Starting method electric/kick
    Min.Fuel Consumption(g/kw.h) <=360
    Bore and Stroke(mm*mm) 94.5*64
    Compression Ratio 10.7:1
    Clutch method Multi Disc Manual Wet Clutch
    Gearshift method Constant mesh,two stage transmission,6-speed gearshift
    Engine type water-cooled 4-stroke,4 valves overhead camshaft , with balance shaft

8. #168 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    They have the RA line which is a small cruiser, not that dissimilar to the UM Renegades introduced in 2014. In 2018, not far off they intend on offering a 250cc version called the RA3, however they have not yet revealed any images of the RE3, which will be what they call a Retro line, the RE3 will get introduced next year.
    I predict it will share the design elements with the UM…just a guess on my part

Same Engine used in the SENKE 300, the Zongshen 279cc.

same as in the C8 Jiajue, 300 version offered in SA by Puzey.

9. #169 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    They are an engine OEM, they sell the engines to others.
    Heh, to sell some quantity of some basic CG/CB up to 1/4 of a liter or some horizontal engine is one thing, but to sell some big bore thumper or mid displacement twin is another thing. I mean, some small Chinese factory can easily make some small displacement bike, commuter, soft enduro, pit bike - whatever, but mid displacement bike is completely different (and higher) level. Bottom line - sale figures for those two... levels of will be vastly different.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #170 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    I agree, there are limits. The NC450 is for sale though just like the NC250 is, they also can work with others in development. They obviously were involved in developing the Megelli and managed to keep that quiet for quite a while and eventually ended up with some rights to it in the end.
    I would say that some of the offerings that currently have the NC250 may be able to accommodate the NC450, however if there are shortcomings in the geometry of those, that will be more apparent with the more powerful engine.
    We have seen some models offered with a 125cc-250cc, that can become 250-450cc in some models, the RX3 is considered heavy, with a 450cc that could get offset with additional power. The additional power only requires frame strength and increased braking. I bet that they engineer now knowing the limits and with known intentions, less after thoughts. They are maturing, they have focus and direction.
    I suspect the 450cc is offered with the intention to displace the Asia Wing 450, the NC250 is already in that frame in allot of products if the cost of the NC450 is under the cost of the Asia Wing, it becomes more prevalent in the market.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-21-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast