Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 

2. #72 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    The perfect combo to me out of these bikes would be the RX3 and Megelli's SM. The entry-level naked and sportsbikes, at least in the US, are already covered by Kawasaki, Honda, and Hyosung. I am not looking for entry-level anyway, so the SM would be cool just to have as a commuter, while the RX3 would make a good, low-cost local adventure bike to explore the rest of Arizona and trips into Mexico. I would even consider riding from my home in Yuma down the entire Baja peninsula, and back on the RX3.

3. #73 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    The Zongshen NC250 engine has been the engine in the Megelli 250R from the onset? Its been a Zongshen engine since the get go and is the same engine now used in the RX3...so that engine has been reviewed and has been around for nearly four years.

Now that the Megelli are manufactured by Zongshen rather then HiSun they should get a second look, hopefully the poor material and build quality has been resolved.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-89622.html

4. #74 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Minsk R250

5. #75 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The Zongshen NC250 engine has been the engine in the Megelli 250R from the onset? Its been a Zongshen engine since the get go and is the same engine now used in the RX3...so that engine has been reviewed and has been around for nearly four years.

Now that the Megelli are manufactured by Zongshen rather then HiSun they should get a second look, hopefully the poor material and build quality has been resolved.

[URL]http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2010-bennche-megelli-250r-review-89622.html[/U-RL]
    I was under the impression the engine was a Loncin unit, but if it has been Zongshe all this time, that is better to prove this engine's quality and longevity.

6. #76 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Minsk R250
    Minsk has jumped wholeheartedly into using Chinese OEMs, or at least Zongshen, which is a good thing vs. Their ancient lineup.

7. #77 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    C-Moto Senior englishman in china's Avatar
    Chinese manufacturers clambering for the Russian market at the moment, it's a relatively easy sell with many Russian companies willing to sort out their own EUROIII COC.

8. #78 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Yes there are David, quite a few some of the operations in Russia and Eastern Europe as well as South America are assembling CKD units. M1NKS is owned by the Belarus government so their interests go beyond just making a buck they actually may want to build and also maintain a national brand.

With respects to emissions, I would consider it unwise for anyone to rely on a Chinese OEM to offer legitimate compliance all products imported should be independently tested. it’s a tedious matter however authorities in some regions take emissions seriously.

In instances like Zongshen and M1NSK and also Loncin there other OEM these larger companies likely are better but still all configuration should be checked as they can and will falsify test data. Then again some clients do not care and in some countries the emission laws are nothing more then international PR and enforcement is non existent and or can be bought off.

Zongshen needs to embrace Megelli and support it as well as M1NSK, they can build on those types of relationships.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-08-2015 at 12:51 PM.

9. #79 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 

Zongshen needs to embrace Megelli and support it as well as M1NSK, they can build on those types of relationships.
    From that interview with Zhu Zongshen a few months back (I think you linked it, MJH) from chinamotorworld, I think he might be one of the, if not the, person on top of bringing quality to Chinese manufacturers, or at least the only one at least paying lip service to it.

Obviously quality would have to play into any and all joint relationships. Even indirect ones, such as my TMEC 200 Enduro which is powered by a Zongshen 167FML engine; the engine keeps going and going; up to approx. 8000 miles/12000 kms now.

10. #80 Re: Zongshen 宗申产业集团有限公司 
    Zongsehn in some sense beat Honda in the market with their Z-ONE, likely a first in China, it was introduced first and Wuyang followed with its very similar X-150. Typically it is the other way around….That would make me believe that the Z-One are selling well and that’s not surprising as they are pretty spot on for the Asian market.

X-150 is officially released in October 17 Chongqing Mobo

Z
    Last edited by MJH; 10-31-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast