Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    China, good, cheap. Talk about oxymoron... you really do get what you pay for... because in China there is cheap and then there is cheap... and the two may not be mutually exclusive.

2. #12 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    But I believe you would agree that Qlink is a good purchase.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #13 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anybody else have an opinion?

4. #14 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    I do not think they are great looking they look cheaply made, the graphic are gaudy, but they can be removed.

They are $2,100.00 delivered plus tax and license.

The images show a OHC engine, they are claiming it is 249cc it would be 223cc and likely has close to 16hp.

5. #15 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    I would consider the Pitster Pro XTR250...They come with fullstreet equipment. They source their bikes from Galaxy, which have a few threads (look up 'Galaxy XTR 250) here on mychinamoto. Worth a look.

The owner of Excalibur Motorsports is in China overseeing a batch of TMEC GY200s being built as we speak. They are US DOT/EPA and should be in the US within the next few weeks. (Excalibur will be the official distributor-they will sell you one directly as long as you don't have a retailer near you that they supply).

WWW.atv4usa.com

Www.pitsterpro.com

Or consider the Qlink XF/XP 200 as suggested

6. #16 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anybody have any experience with Lifan? I can buy a 2006 Lifan G20-2 for $1050 with only 1100 miles on it. Is Lifan a good bike?

7. #17 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Love9boy, seriously, why do you want to look for a chinese bike in US?
    99% of the china bikers (myself included) ride chinese bikes because of no choice. You live in the paradise of the motorcycle, what's the logic behind looking for a china bike?!
    Look instead for some good second hand jap bikes. Put 500 bucks on top of your budget and have the patience to look/wait for the right deal.

8. #18 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by love9boy View Post
    Anybody have any experience with Lifan? I can buy a 2006 Lifan G20-2 for $1050 with only 1100 miles on it. Is Lifan a good bike?
    seriously a 7 year old Chinese bike with old technology and likely no end of part replacements either done by current owner or you. There will be a reason that it has so few miles on it. Save yourself the hassle and heartache. Save some extra moolah, then when you have enough, go out and buy yourself a newer Jap bike, which will have lots of parts available. Otherwise you will end up with an expensive door stop, that few others will want to touch, well anyone who knows a thing or two about motorcycles. Even you happen to score lucky, later on you will not be able to trade that thing in as no dealer will touch it.

9. #19 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Pitster Pro says that these bikes are NOT street legal in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I would consider the Pitster Pro XTR250...They come with fullstreet equipment. They source their bikes from Galaxy, which have a few threads (look up 'Galaxy XTR 250) here on mychinamoto. Worth a look.

The owner of Excalibur Motorsports is in China overseeing a batch of TMEC GY200s being built as we speak. They are US DOT/EPA and should be in the US within the next few weeks. (Excalibur will be the official distributor-they will sell you one directly as long as you don't have a retailer near you that they supply).

WWW.atv4usa.com

Www.pitsterpro.com

Or consider the Qlink XF/XP 200 as suggested

10. #20 Re: What is the single best Chinese Dual-Sport Bikes sold in the USA today? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If the Chinese D/S can be purchased cheap ($800 or less) and runs good it might not be a bad deal. I purchased my Tank 200 in 2005 for $500 and it is still running good today. The plastic doesn't hold up well and both mirrors have broke (taped together now) but it still runs and handles the trails just fine.

I recently picked up 2 lifan CT-70 clone 110's for my kids and they are awesome. They run great, will climb anything and are street legal. I paid $650 each and they both had aprox 65miles on the odometer. Deals can still be found, just keep an eye out on Craigslist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast