Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. #101 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Lifan new 200cc,

2. #102 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    11,890 CNY =1,723.16 USD

The low cost make these interesting, not a serious motorcycle, not suitable for interstate travel, not suitable for rough terrain, these are basically commuter models. Potholes, rough or uneven pavement would be easily handled, safe secure ridding position would make these ideal for new ridders, the low-cost prices seem the segment that Lifan is after and they seem to be doing a good job of making decent affordable models. They also seem to be after the domestic market, these may show up in the USA? I wonder how they would be distributed, online direct and for very low prices?
    American Lifan is advertising their KP200, these have the same engines.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-15-2017 at 04:43 PM.

3. #103 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    11,890 CNY =1,723.16 USD

The low cost make these interesting, not a serious motorcycle, not suitable for interstate travel, not suitable for rough terrain, these are basically commuter models. Potholes, rough or uneven pavement would be easily handled, safe secure ridding position would make these ideal for new ridders, the low-cost prices seem the segment that Lifan is after and they seem to be doing a good job of making decent affordable models. They also seem to be after the domestic market, these may show up in the USA? I wonder how they would be distributed, online direct and for very low prices?
    American Lifan is advertising their KP200, these have the same engines.
    You probably already know, but the 2017 KPR/KP 200 bikes are certified on the EPA/DOT Highway motorcycles list. However, they only submitted the model KP/KPR 200 names, which is odd considering most manufacturers seem to have a long list of motorcycles they really don't plan on importing thrown into their certification 'just in case.' I wonder if a manufacturer can have models added later on, or I guess they will have to wait until the new list comes out in 2018.

4. #104 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Lifans website is once again a maze of nonsensical links.

They direct inquiries to TMall, were the product can be purchased.

Their website may be a non-recoverable disaster, links to sites with malware, new links to pages with no information, lots of empty spaces, they seem not to be able to find any personnel or contractors with any real talent.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-17-2017 at 03:36 PM.

5. #105 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    These showed up at the Cleveland Motorcycle Show.

Both were pretty decent for what they are, no info on prices that I could see.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-29-2017 at 11:16 PM.

6. #106 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Did they have their Mini 150? They seem to be pushing their KPR/KP 200 lineup in the US which seems like they will be the top of the Lifan lineup for a while. I do recall their later 2000's (maybe circa 2008) sporty bike offering which many beginners were buying up here in the US as the only beginner's sports bike offered was the Ninja 250 or Zongshen something or another. A friend of mine who works for a motorsports' distributor out of So. California is friends with the current head of American Lifan, and according to my friend, they only want to push 200cc engines in the US for the indefinite future. I am guessing that strategy might keep them going for a while for people who want a high-quality, lower priced alternative to the 250/300cc beginners' sports bikes. Of course, their prices will have to be lower than Zongshen's RC3/RZ3 in the US. I am glad to see they will offer a no-nonsense 200cc dual-sport, although I wish the Chinese mfrs would realize their bikes need to come with a rear rack since they tend to not offer them as aftermarket parts! By the looks of the X-Pect, there might be an aftermarket top box offered through a Lifan dealer (that is Lifan's intention--using physical dealers although we have heard that one before!), but I wouldn't hold my breath!

The Lifan KPMini 150 could be a game changer for the mini-bike craze considering it will be freeway legal (in California at least*) and will offer a 5 speed transmission and is a vertical thumper vs. the Grom/Z125/clones's 4-speed horizontal engines.

*Technically, a bike's engine has to be at least 151cc in order to be ridden on a freeway, but I am guessing an officer will not research this on the side of the road, and most anyone who buys one is not planning to commute for very many miles on a California freeway (freeways are minimum of 45 mph) in the first place. At least one could if they chose to which might earn it some extra sales, not to mention it should theoretically be quicker and faster than the Grom and Z125.

7. #107 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Yeah they had the Mini there and also some LSV a mini car and a mini pickup.

The KP200

8. #108 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    I am intrigued by the KP200 standard. I like the idea of a no-frills, decent quality bike at a low cost, that will get up to at least 70-75 mph which will suit my commute nicely (key being decent quality AND low price). Did you sit on any of the bikes? If you did, what is your initial 'seat of the pants' impression? In other words, do they feel 'nicer' than most generic Chinese bikes? I know you have (had?) the Qlink XF or XP 200, so that already has high-quality built in to it. Are these new generations of Lifans at that level? I know that members who have the CSC TT250 enduro report that it has some 'cheap' Chinese feel to it, although they are of the opinion that it is above the quality of other enduros, so my question is have these new Lifans made the push to go slightly up there in quality? Again--on par with your Qlink?

9. #109 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Yeah I sat on them, I am 6” I felt comfortable on them. They look well made, fit and finishes all good. The Qlink has more dodgy parts then these, these basically look as good as any.

10. #110 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Lifan once again updated its website, seems they finally got a fully functional site?

Lifan America is offering two LSV for the US market.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-17-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011