Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    How possible/easy is it to get a LF250-19P in mainland china? I'm really digging the style and would like to know availability. A test drive would be nice too...

2. #22 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamo View Post
    How possible/easy is it to get a LF250-19P in mainland china? I'm really digging the style and would like to know availability. A test drive would be nice too...
    Here is a link to the >>> LIFAN<<<<website...its in Chinese.

I would assume the website is to market the products that are listed eventually?

The V250 and KP150 are, it seems, currently being offered domestically.
    As for the LF250-19P, LF250-GY2A and btn6 (what ever that is) since they are listed on the Chinese website, are the products that are coming within the next six months?

It takes about three years to bring a new model to the market, that's considered fast or could say rushed, these are or should be about ready, since there are rumors within six month Lifan will release some new models then these should be ready for early spring 2013 or sooner?

3. #23 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Its pretty obvious that many people in China have the same opinion of the Chinese brands as the rest of the world does. Lifan would like to offer that 250-19P for 20k Yuan, but if they go too far over 17k they simply will not sell that many. It is an upscale entry level bike, its not anything spectacular its only better then previous offerings.

Somebody needs to go test the KP150 and see what it is all about it is only 9800 Yuan, see how it compares to the Honda CBF 150.

They have a long way to go, but they are moving in a positive direction.

Whats fascinates me is that the KP150 looks so much like the SYM T1...

Just better...

4. #24 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    I went round the main dealer shops today and failed to find a specific LIFAN dealer. Not like the suzuki, haojue, yamaha, honda shops. The best I could find where some mix n match dealers that had a few lifans. No one seemed to have even heard of this new crop of Lifans. They where mostly selling the cheap dodgy bikes for ~6-8k. Fekkon, suz(throw in some random letters)ki's, jingju and other untrustworthy stuff.

I was hoping to find a KP150 to try out too. Would be interesting to see how it compares. Kudos to anyone that comes back with intel :)

5. #25 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    It does not look like they have any dealerships in Guandong, the province is not on the drop down list.
    http://motor.lifan.com/shoppingguide/dealer.aspx

6. #26 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    Lifan manufactures this model that has a 175cc air cooled single (EFI) that has 15hp@7500, Max. Torque(N.m/rpm): 15.5/5000 the style however is pretty standard, they could offer a version that does not look so much like everything else. They could make a version of it that looks more like this Yingang.

LF175-3P

YG150-6F (11.5hp@8500, Maximum torque Nm/rpm 11.5/5500)

Lifan also makes this model

LF150-3K
    It shares the same water cooled 158cc(13hp@7500, Max.Torque(N.m/rpm): 13/5500) same as the KP150, it looks a bit better, but too me it would look much better with out the chrome parts, black would look more sporty.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.

7. #27 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    What's the advantage to water cooled? I mean, water cooling must add weight, so is it really worth it when there are air cooled versions that apparently work well enough without the extra weight? I'm guessing there must be some advantage I'm unaware of.

8. #28 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    An old story...

Liquid cooling maintain constant engine temperature (using a simple thermostat). Coolant has higher conductivity than air, so the heat dissipation is more efficient.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #29 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    C-Moto Senior
    Ah yes, but so much more to go wrong with liquid cooled bikes.

For simplicity, which I believe is still the end goal, then liquid cooled bikes won't draw the crowds the same way a similar air cooled bike will.

Gra.

10. #30 Re: LIFAN 力帆实业(集团)股份有限公司 
    What is the weight of the KP150?
    http://motor.lifan.com/kp150/

The only weight value on the above website is 96kg? Even dry that seems very light.

The link below from another site has the 158MJ with the Bore*Stroke at 58.5mm*58.8mm and 158cc
    http://www.lifan.com/English/Industr...9-3cf5bd05af12

While the first KP150 site has the 158MJengine at 58.5*55.6 and has it at 149cc

Is there a problem with the engine naming convention, it only uses the number of cylinders and bore and cooling type, it could be confusing with stroke differences and in that they would be presenting different engines with the same names?

The power output stats seem the same, but the 158MJ is being presented as in two different displacements with the same power ratings.

I cannot translate the site in Chinese the format is not set up for translating,.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast