Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 A WISH LIST BIKE RIDE ??? BOX TICKED 
    HI guys were do i start this epic story with one of my wish list boxes ticked ??
    well it all starts with a call from the owner of the moto club i ride at in Longkou who cant speak good English and my Chinese is poor to say the least ??? "Hi Steve we go bike ride in Weihai ????" sounds good i think to myself when it comes to a ride with the guys i am up for most things ... so a call from my girlfriend to him finds out more of this so called ride to Weihai

Its turn out that the Weihai International Triathlon is on at the weekend and the people who runs the local CFMOTO dealership get ask each year to supplier bikes and riders to take the media camera men around on there bikes ??? sounds like fun and we are told we get paid ?? and "all" expansive are paid hotel, food,drink, etc. Now this does sound like fun.....

Just to inform people what a Triathlon is all about it starts with a swim then a bike race and then a run ??? sorry yes you
    all know ???

0003016zxxeuuxxo7oxofe.jpg

The area the race is being help is north east of the main town sets in hills and mountain roads great for a nice bike ride ??
    maybe we have a member in Weihai who can chip in here with more details of the area ...

Now you are all asking why a "wish list" well the way i see it is this we do you every get a chance to ride you bike as fast as you can on the open road knowing no cars or in china E-Bikes people are coming from around the blind bend ?? and to know you have 1000s of people .police marshal making sure you have a clear road ahead ??? does that sound like fun ??

we have all seen The "tor de france" races before and and seen the motor bikes racing around with them you got to have said i like to do that ??? we i have and i did now ..

You got the picture now ... lets start ..

From our club in Longkou only 3 riders was ask me the owner and one other rider the other 2 bikes was BMW 1200 and my sad old CFMOTO JETLUX 250cc i was asked did i have some friends "English Speaking" who can come as well i will tell you later on this one

The bike crew

211627aahjavjh4m83d03i.jpg

We left Longkou on Friday at about 4 pm taking the B roads to Yantai by-passed most of the city and cut in a long the beach road heading towards Weihai this part of the ride is very nice ruining a long by the sea for about 15km the local moto lads meet us outside Weihai on the main road at about 6.00 pm and took us around the part of the course heading towards they Club at this time was only about 12 bike .. got to the club got introduced to most of the other riders and sat down for a nice meal and some beers ??? just a few need to be up at 6 am i was told

The bike club in Weihai has its own small Hotel so me and my 2 friend's from Longkou stayed in the same room ready for the race next day

I could not sleep well so i was up at 5am still dark moved the bike all out of the showroom and started to wash my bike down help other people at the some time now by this time there are about 15 bikes with more to come and no one can speak English but every one and i mean every all came over and welcome me to Weihai that's Chinese people for you ..... after having my picture taken with everyone and his dog we was given hi vis vests a pass and a number to put on your bike my number was 17 i still did not know what i had to do ???? no one could explain to me ???? did it mean i went out after number 16 rider and before 18 ??? and with who ??? ho shit i said to myself lets just go with the flow ??? and wait and see one thing i did understand was i must never pass bike number 1.

some picyures now 212634gn3nsmkpsa1mazsk.jpg213005altdcdawdt2ltdy1.jpg213706hqhdirrrgxdspisd.jpg

By now we had about 20 bikes all types ready to go to own place near the start line..... by this time all the roads was closed to traffic and people so 20 bike roaring around the roads towards the start line was a sight to see and i was a part of the team what i did like was i the part of the official program that list the riders name all Chinese apart from one ???? me Stephen George Prince
    in bold and big letters hehheh

The next part was a bit of waiting around for the race to start but with the pass with all had allowed us to go into all the places the public could not go so most of us had a walk round taking picture and with me having my picture taken will loads of people at one point i was asked to be interviewed by the local TV so why not this i the second time now i have been on TV in china ??

Ok no fame yet but that will come hehhe

need to post again with more pictures

2. #2 Re: A WISH LIST BIKE RIDE ??? BOX TICKED 
    AT 9 am the race starts with the swim by 9.30 the bikes was passing us and the boss was sending out media people on the back of the bikes ??? but no one was asking me to go out shit ??
    need to sort out things myself here i said to my self so near by was a Chinese media lady with a camera get on i said pointing with my hands she look at me and like a rat up a drain pipe she was on ??and we was on our way that all i needed was a reason to be out on the road i don't care if her camera works i don't care if she can take pictures i am of and no one is stopping me ..

now as i said the night before we had a drive around a part of the course but it was dark so i needed to be carefully the first time round .The course is 20km long about 50% hills and coast road and 50% around the town the first part was the coast road with my Media on the back i needed to get to grips with the roads with the extra kg on the back the first part the bends was tight and you needed to be carefully and all the time you have cyclist around you and shit can there move fast at some point on the track the front runners going down hill was hitting 110 km fuck that is fast ok take off 10km as it is a CF MOTO that's still 100km and you need to keep out the way of the cyclist because if i hit one or nock one of i am in big shit read the report about the London Olympics cyclist being killed by a media "BUS" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...media-bus.html
    that why only bike should be allowed to ride round ??? we can get out the way more quicker
    OK you are all asking yes you are having fun but you are they to do a job ??? shit the lady on the back with the camera click click click i hear shit it works ?? ok i ask does she need to stop so she points out locations for me to stop for her to take pictures then back on and the fun starts as you need to make up time and get back to the front runners this is when you can open her up and some of the lads was telling me later at time they hit over 180km in places me not so lucky 120km was the best and safe speed i got up to the filling of racing around the track with all the police looking on was great .... and funny at the same time speed traps camera flashing so could this be a wish list box tick ??? and this is only the first day ??

The second day report will follow hope you have had as much fun reading this as i had doing it ???

213714ckym2lwdyzmidioz.jpg213719yxezpztqsxpxp0yx.jpg213720nnltsl5nnsxdflta.jpg213721ac7yncz7755hhszw.jpg213721tfugzr9tustr3uxx.jpg

A link to a full list of pictures can be found here

http://www.moto8.cn/thread-304217-1-1.html

steve