HI guys were do i start this epic story with one of my wish list boxes ticked ??
well it all starts with a call from the owner of the moto club i ride at in Longkou who cant speak good English and my Chinese is poor to say the least ??? "Hi Steve we go bike ride in Weihai ????" sounds good i think to myself when it comes to a ride with the guys i am up for most things ... so a call from my girlfriend to him finds out more of this so called ride to Weihai

Its turn out that the Weihai International Triathlon is on at the weekend and the people who runs the local CFMOTO dealership get ask each year to supplier bikes and riders to take the media camera men around on there bikes ??? sounds like fun and we are told we get paid ?? and "all" expansive are paid hotel, food,drink, etc. Now this does sound like fun.....

Just to inform people what a Triathlon is all about it starts with a swim then a bike race and then a run ??? sorry yes you
all know ???

0003016zxxeuuxxo7oxofe.jpg

The area the race is being help is north east of the main town sets in hills and mountain roads great for a nice bike ride ??
maybe we have a member in Weihai who can chip in here with more details of the area ...

Now you are all asking why a "wish list" well the way i see it is this we do you every get a chance to ride you bike as fast as you can on the open road knowing no cars or in china E-Bikes people are coming from around the blind bend ?? and to know you have 1000s of people .police marshal making sure you have a clear road ahead ??? does that sound like fun ??

we have all seen The "tor de france" races before and and seen the motor bikes racing around with them you got to have said i like to do that ??? we i have and i did now ..

You got the picture now ... lets start ..

From our club in Longkou only 3 riders was ask me the owner and one other rider the other 2 bikes was BMW 1200 and my sad old CFMOTO JETLUX 250cc i was asked did i have some friends "English Speaking" who can come as well i will tell you later on this one

The bike crew

211627aahjavjh4m83d03i.jpg

We left Longkou on Friday at about 4 pm taking the B roads to Yantai by-passed most of the city and cut in a long the beach road heading towards Weihai this part of the ride is very nice ruining a long by the sea for about 15km the local moto lads meet us outside Weihai on the main road at about 6.00 pm and took us around the part of the course heading towards they Club at this time was only about 12 bike .. got to the club got introduced to most of the other riders and sat down for a nice meal and some beers ??? just a few need to be up at 6 am i was told

The bike club in Weihai has its own small Hotel so me and my 2 friend's from Longkou stayed in the same room ready for the race next day

I could not sleep well so i was up at 5am still dark moved the bike all out of the showroom and started to wash my bike down help other people at the some time now by this time there are about 15 bikes with more to come and no one can speak English but every one and i mean every all came over and welcome me to Weihai that's Chinese people for you ..... after having my picture taken with everyone and his dog we was given hi vis vests a pass and a number to put on your bike my number was 17 i still did not know what i had to do ???? no one could explain to me ???? did it mean i went out after number 16 rider and before 18 ??? and with who ??? ho shit i said to myself lets just go with the flow ??? and wait and see one thing i did understand was i must never pass bike number 1.

some picyures now 212634gn3nsmkpsa1mazsk.jpg213005altdcdawdt2ltdy1.jpg213706hqhdirrrgxdspisd.jpg

By now we had about 20 bikes all types ready to go to own place near the start line..... by this time all the roads was closed to traffic and people so 20 bike roaring around the roads towards the start line was a sight to see and i was a part of the team what i did like was i the part of the official program that list the riders name all Chinese apart from one ???? me Stephen George Prince
in bold and big letters hehheh

The next part was a bit of waiting around for the race to start but with the pass with all had allowed us to go into all the places the public could not go so most of us had a walk round taking picture and with me having my picture taken will loads of people at one point i was asked to be interviewed by the local TV so why not this i the second time now i have been on TV in china ??

Ok no fame yet but that will come hehhe

need to post again with more pictures