Last week I found myself running low on coffee and I wanted to hit the sand and suck in some rays. Coffee in China is kind of a rarity and decent coffee is almost impossible to find at any reasonable price. Added to this is the fact that I live in a relatively small city in China (about 350,000 people) and coffee becomes almost no existent.

One good thing about my location is I am only about 1 hour and 20 minutes ride from the NAM and all the good coffee that gets traded at the border.

I talked to my wife and we agreed that our only option was to ride down to the border and pick up some fresh unground coffee beans. We decided to make an overnight trip of it and stop on the beach on the way there and the way back. I threw the soft bags on the bike and we rolled out of Qinzhou.

For the first time we were pretty lucky with the weather and had a whole weekend of sun ahead of us. The ride down was great. China's expanding infrastructure has left riders like me an abundant amount of fresh, empty tarmac to enjoy.