Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    A lot people write about bad service at HD Dealers, we have another experience here in Suzhou.
    1. Our BMW R1200C has had a leaking oil seal. We don’t like going to Shanghai that is why we asked HD Suzhou if they can help, if we provide the correct spare part. Yes, no problem. I rode the bike to the shop and the mechanic told me: maybe you have the wrong part, we check and let you know. I didn’t need a taxi to go home. I was brought home by company car!
    The spare part was indeed wrong and we ordered a different one in Munich, Germany. …… a logistic nightmare and even the cargo plane was delayed 2 days.
    Saturday, 29.09.2012, 11 am, I got the part and delivered it to the shop. Sunday, 14:00 I picked up the bike repaired. One hour later, the mechanics went to holiday.
    2. Today, Thomas rode our new BMW R 1200GS from Beijing to Suzhou. At 16:15 he called me: Bike has no electricity, don’t start anymore after 1100 Km, 11 hour ride. Shit can happen. I went to HD Suzhou and asked for help, because I don’t know anybody here. Tony came, made phone calls, 1 hour, managed to organize a truck and driver, reasonable price. From Suzhou, ~ 230 Km up north, Thomas was brought home on a holiday evening.
    We thanked him and his answer was: we are bikers; nobody is left on the road!
    …… that’s Harley Davidson Suzhou!!

2. #2 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    and your not even riding a harley!.... maybe the HD dealers are kind to BEEMEER riders..

3. #3 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    C-Moto Guru
    I went by the Suzhou Harley dealership today. Two younger people riding around the parking lot on a 125 Suzuki, some sort of rider training? The sales people were nice enough to me, only 108,000 for an 883, plus tax, plus plates (they assured me they could get me local plates, not Su E though).

4. #4 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I posted about HD Suzhou ages ago after having attended the opening http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ight=HD+SUzhou Jimmy the owner is a very approachable guy. They can get legal Suzhou plates, and the Suzhou traffic police have 4 or so 883 sporties all decaled in police livery complete with lights and sirens, only used for special events nod nod wink wink. The 108K is much more than the 80K+ of only a couple of years for a brand new 883 ex dealer. Actually the 1200 sportie was around that price...

5. #5 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    C-Moto Guru
    All respect to Harleys and their owners. For myself, I cannot imagine leaving 108,000 RMB + parked at a curb somewhere in China. Sorely tempted but far too impractical for my needs.
    Last edited by Nuhaus; 10-03-2012 at 12:57 AM.

6. #6 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    last weekend we rode from Suzhou to Nantong. it was a nice ride even when the landscape is not as beautiful as close to Beijing. it was a 2 days ride and we met other bikers up north.

E-Introbild a.jpg

E-Ride Pictures 1.jpg

E-Ride Pictures 2.jpg

E-Ride Pictures 3.jpg

E-Ride Pictures 4.jpg

we have had a lot of fun and they have taken good care of me; I was the only women and foreigner in that ride.
    here is also a video posted, but you need the "friendly little helper" to see it.

https://vimeo.com/51987431
    http://youtu.be/_Lm_hg9-M80

at the 17. November 2012, will be a party in Suzhou at the HD Showroom, 1. anniversary HD Suzhou

7. #7 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    myself and a couple of mates plan on riding from Ningbo to Suzhou for the HD Suzhou party. At this stage we all plan to ride our cruisers, though I may decide at the last minute to ride my Burgman 650 scoot. The cruiser (Dragstar 1100 Classic) would certainly be more in company given the style, but well scoots are just so darn comfortable, has the all important ABS, will allow me to arrive less fatigued and nasty from the ride through the bad air, and well I can carry so much more, plus I can keep hydrated on the fly... anyway might see some of you inmates there?

8. #8 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    we are looking forward to meet you guys!!! do you stay longer? can we also make a day ride together? maybe "island hopping" at Taihu Lake. it does not matter which bike you choose. here is everybody welcome. Tony always says: we are biker, it does not matter where you sit on.

9. #9 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    ...anyway might see some of you?
    might come over for lunch / early afternoon only as having different arrangements for Sunday already, anyone knows the program or activities for the event as some bike events in PRC are quite boring and dull.... thanks for any info and feedback.

10. #10 Re: Harley Davidson Suzhou: best service ever!!!!! 
    We'll likely be leaving the Friday and riding on up to arrive late Friday afternoon. At this stage I think the plan is to leave late Sunday morning for the return trip. Hopefully can catch up with those of you who also can make it. Butch, I can say that the HD Suzhou opening party was a real blast, which is why I am making the effort to make the trip even though it is a fairly boring one at that. I could and do make the journey less boring but there is only so much deviation that one can get away with especially when there are other riders to consider. I'm just sending an email in a moment to HD Suzhou asking them to book the rooms in the same hotel as last time - Suisse Place which was great with a large underground carpark, and excellent rooms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast