A lot people write about bad service at HD Dealers, we have another experience here in Suzhou.
1. Our BMW R1200C has had a leaking oil seal. We don’t like going to Shanghai that is why we asked HD Suzhou if they can help, if we provide the correct spare part. Yes, no problem. I rode the bike to the shop and the mechanic told me: maybe you have the wrong part, we check and let you know. I didn’t need a taxi to go home. I was brought home by company car!
The spare part was indeed wrong and we ordered a different one in Munich, Germany. …… a logistic nightmare and even the cargo plane was delayed 2 days.
Saturday, 29.09.2012, 11 am, I got the part and delivered it to the shop. Sunday, 14:00 I picked up the bike repaired. One hour later, the mechanics went to holiday.
2. Today, Thomas rode our new BMW R 1200GS from Beijing to Suzhou. At 16:15 he called me: Bike has no electricity, don’t start anymore after 1100 Km, 11 hour ride. Shit can happen. I went to HD Suzhou and asked for help, because I don’t know anybody here. Tony came, made phone calls, 1 hour, managed to organize a truck and driver, reasonable price. From Suzhou, ~ 230 Km up north, Thomas was brought home on a holiday evening.
We thanked him and his answer was: we are bikers; nobody is left on the road!
…… that’s Harley Davidson Suzhou!!