Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    There are not many images online of the V-twin...here is one.

Building a frame around an S&S engine is not impossible, manufacturing the engine in china would not be impossible either…but really unlikely at this point.

2. #12 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    Leonart, which is the distributor for Lifeng in Spain is now offering the 320cc engine models and they are also offering the Piaggio DOHC 4-valve 125cc as well as an engine option, that is the same engine used in the Derbi bikes.

3. #13 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    MJH
    1.- I never said that I have a reliable source in china
    2.- Johnny pag, not related to Lifeng, has his own company
    3.- I'm not talking about Leonart, I'm talking about regal raptor
    4.- Piaggio engine still is not being used, currently being used engine 125cc regal raptor

My intention is not to convince anyone of anything, when the time comes you'll see.

Best regards
    Regal Raptor Riders passion regal raptor

4. #14 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    I am looking at in in generalities and how products come to the market.

Who is your source of information are you hanging out with Horse Zang?

5. #15 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    My source is not horse zang
    The information comes from Roberto Martinez, regal raptor importer in Argentina

This is what he said Roberto Martinez:

Todo lo que les puedo decir es que Regal Raptor esta trabajando con mucha prisa en el nuevo motor de 800cc en V a 45°( solicitado por sus distribuidores en todo el mundo), esto fue lo que me respondieron cuando solicite seguir con el desarrollo utilizando el 650cc de Hyosung...
    ....Uno de los motivos por que Regal Raptor no utiliza el motor Hyosung es por que al ser en V a 90° es necesario alargar mas la parte trasera del chasis, lo cual no gusta a la gente de Regal, ellos prefieren el diseño Harley con la V a 45°.
    Por el momento no tome contacto físico con el nuevo motor, pero por mi experiencia nunca es bueno comprar la primera serie, tendremos que esperar que todo este maduro, de todas maneras ni bien la fabrica tenga lista las primeras unidades traeremos una para probarla y presentarla.
    Excuse you, my English is very bad to translate
    Try to translate it with a translator or someone who knows the Spanish language

Best regards,

6. #16 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    Yes the little parallel twins and the Hyosung engine simply do not look correct, the HD engine would and does look much better.

The HD Softails do not come with an 883 engine, they all I believe have the 103B which is 1700cc.

So certainly there would be some demand for an 883 Softail, HD only offers the engine in Sportsters.
    Most Harley’s sell in the US for about $9.00-$10.00 per cc, applying that price formula to the RR bikes the 320cc is worth about $2,960.00. The 883 sells for $7,999.00, the Softail sell for $15,969.00.

7. #17 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    Here is the thing, I really do not care, these are not my style bikes, but seems to me that Lifan already has two 70 degree V-twin a 400cc and 250cc, that could relatively easily be configured into soft tail frames.

This is a 70 degree V-star Classic 650 and they sell for $6,590.00 in the US new. A brand new V-star 250 sell for $4,290.00, the little 250 would be more popular if it was in a longer soft tail frame.

A soft tail 400 should sell for about $4,500.00 if coming out of China and a 250 for $2,500.00, the labor cost are very low there and the Chinese government offers manufacturers incentives for them to export….basically the Chinese motorcycle are subsidized by the government.

8. #18 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    JOHNNY PAG MC AUSTRALIA Johnny Pag Australia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xacarrere View Post
    MJH
    1.- I never said that I have a reliable source in china
    2.- Johnny pag, not related to Lifeng, has his own company - CORRECT !!
    3.- I'm not talking about Leonart, I'm talking about regal raptor
    4.- Piaggio engine still is not being used, currently being used engine 125cc regal raptor

My intention is not to convince anyone of anything, when the time comes you'll see.

Best regards

9. #19 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Here is the thing, I really do not care, these are not my style bikes, but seems to me that Lifan already has two 70 degree V-twin a 400cc and 250cc, that could relatively easily be configured into soft tail frames.

This is a 70 degree V-star Classic 650 and they sell for $6,590.00 in the US new. A brand new V-star 250 sell for $4,290.00, the little 250 would be more popular if it was in a longer soft tail frame.

A soft tail 400 should sell for about $4,500.00 if coming out of China and a 250 for $2,500.00, the labor cost are very low there and the Chinese government offers manufacturers incentives for them to export….basically the Chinese motorcycle are subsidized by the government.

I agree with what you say and I hope we can see a regal raptor with harley motor

10. #20 Re: New Motor Regal Raptor 900cc V-Twin (2013) 
    It would be an 800cc Lifeng motor not a Harley unless Harley sold out to Lifeng and that is so unlike Harley to do that, if they were to partner with a Chinese manufacturer I have to wonder if they would choose Lifeng my impression is that they do not want to manufacture in China and that they really are waiting or holding out for trade tariffs to be relaxed.

Obviously the market for an 800cc soft tail would be anywhere anyone can sell them and for as much as they can possibly get for them, HD could also make a soft tail 883 and likely sell some, maybe this will make that happen? I would assume that if given a choice people would buy the real deal and not the knock off?

I personally like the 883R but not as much as the 1200XR, HD choose not to offer the 883R in the USA and do not even offer a 883 soft tail so there is more then one hole in their lineup, or they simply think that the market here would not be interested in that type of bike?

883R

1200XR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast