Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 LexMoto Lowride (K157FMI Engine) - Planned mods, info & parts help 
    Hi all, so i picked up my new bike last week, and im now planning my mods and deciding which route to go.

The set up from the dealer is apauling;

• The rear brake was non existant, i had to adjust the rod up, after which its fine, but to let me ride away from the dealers down a busy A road with no rear brake at all speaks for it self.
    • The chain tension was compeletly out, with the nuts on both sides of the swing arm to adjust it been lose.
    • Air filter hose was cable tied and kinked so bad it was stoping almost any air gettng to the engine.
    • The 2 outlet pipes situated by the airfilter were possitioned on top/touching the chain and dripping\outputing all there crap onto it.

-

So the bike needs some TLC to get it running smoothly,

Now the mods im planning, to start with just a few things to make the bike run smoother;

• Spark plug, looking at NGK ones but not sure which is the right one to get?
    • Front sprocket, i was looking at a 17 tooth one for this engine on ebay, but the sellers got none left and i cant find a good alternative source
    • Air Filter, the hose is damaged\perm kinked, so at some point ill replace that or should i go with a pod filter like this one; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Filter...item27c31034e5

With the above mods would anything else need changing to go with them? (ie the carb jet sizes)

I then plan to also add;
    • 12v DC Accessory socket.
    • Heated grips.
    • Windshield.

Any other usefull mods?

If anybody knows were to get the parts (bearing in mind im in the UK) or has any input its all appreciated.

Thanks, Dave
    Last edited by Dave-DR; 10-02-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Decided to do ti and void the warranty :D

2. #2 Re: LexMoto Lowride (K157FMI Engine) - Planned mods, info & parts help 
    Ok so i've picked this spark plug; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGK-Spark-...item1c23b6d189

I have this pic of the 17T front sprocket i need; Snap1.jpg

Besides using taobaonow im not to sure were to get the sprocket from, ive found these 2;

http://www.gingerparts.com/jt-front-sprocket-16025

http://www.gingerparts.com/jt-front-sprocket-16021

Can anybody tell if either of those is the right one? Also when i do change the sprocket do i need to change the chain?

3. #3 Re: LexMoto Lowride (K157FMI Engine) - Planned mods, info & parts help 
    Your bike has a Suzuki derived engine, so the sprockets that you found in "Ginger parts" do not fit. Find those who are fit Suzuki DR 125 and 200. Though, I would not change anything during break-in period.

Iridium spark plug is a nice thing, but for the same money you can buy at least two regular spark plugs. The difference between the standard and iridium is not something you'll be able to feel it.

Air filter you found on E-Bay can easily get wet when you ride in the rain, and then the engine works poorly and stalls. I personally do not like these filters because I think they do not do their job - filtering. If you wanna do something with the stock air filter, consider the airbox with foam or paper filter.

About heated grips: Is not it easier to buy a good gloves?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #4 Re: LexMoto Lowride (K157FMI Engine) - Planned mods, info & parts help 
    C-Moto Guru
    The cone filter is a nice and easy mod and will give you a tad more performance combined with a bigger main jet (I went from 97.5 to 105 when I fitted my filter). It is true that they suck in rain but if you cut a large coke bottle in half and put it around the filter it will keep the rain out. The air filter you linked is the correct size by the way. The 2 pipes comming from the air filter are for the crankcase breather and the SAI (secondary air induction) valve; I just left the breather hose there so rain does not get into the engine and I put a small cone filter on the SAI valve just for the sake of it.

As zorge said the sprockets you found will not fit as they are for the hondas and honda clones but here is the 16 tooth sprocket for your bike http://www.gingerparts.com/jt-front-sprocket-17012 . I might start importing the 17 tooth sprockets again if there is more demand for them.

When I fitted my heated grips I used these since they were much cheaper than getting the other kind. You can either put them under your existing grips (if you can get them off) or over them and cover them with the provided heat shrink tubing (which is probably best as they will output more heat that way). I connected mine to a relay so I dont leave them on over night.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.