Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Happy Thanksgiving Yall ! 
    Master of Thump
    Happy Thanksgiving to all !
    Oh and of course a belated one to Jim too for our Canadian brother Bikers !!!!
    Now me and the Misses worked hours last night prepairing PIES , Yummy !!!
    Will be thinking of you guys and gals when I sink my teeth into them , all five !!! Were going across the street to our neighbors for thier invite to us, so were bringin the pies and comedy of course . Having Ham and Turkey this year they tell us , so double trouble there
    I did my special Black Cherry and Brown Sugar and butter based pie crust pie , and the Gal whipped up her Texas style Pecan and three pumkin pies too . Mind you this is for five people ? 5 pies, five people, works out well Wheres my fork !!!!

Got Crashnfool comming over Sunday to ride the track with me and de-virginize it with his 200cc ATV . Guess we'll be eating PIE and drinking Latte's for lunch ! Look forward to that for sure Nice to make friends with someone here in person finally and share the little track too . Good deal there ! Big thumbs up to Crazy Carl once again for making it all possible Pictures of the Esspresso machine will be in the photo Blog for sure Carl Don't get too excited about it Carl its only a $100 machine , but will give it high marks for longevity as it has brewed several thousand cups of beans , all for me

May even break out the black Powder guns this weekend too and blow some smoke after the ride ? I got a couple new creations I have been working on and need to burn some HOLY BLACK POWDER soon . Life is more than just bikes, right ? Well yes, even if you won't admit it !
    Here's a couple of my newest creations just for craps and giggles for the folks here that loves guns as much as bikes . And yes, it is all my work , I am gunsmith too , besides being a carpenter like Jesus ! The only thing me and Jesus have in common is God Almighty and the long hair thing
    This is the mighty 1858 Remington in Stainless steel , with a jewelled conversion cylinder for the even mightier .45 Long Colt cartridge , this gun shoots black powder or converts to modern cartridges in three seconds . Got 40 hours into it and about $1,000.00 in parts . This one will reach out and touch you ! This one sports my custom grips of fancy exotic Zebra Wood .

This one is the new Uberti 1860 Colt Army .44 ( .454 more correctly, so its actualy a .45 ) .
    I made all the grips from blanks , these are Smithsonian grade Black Walnut Extra Fancy AAA . Nice gun , Culcune really likes this one !

Enjoy , Snortin Norton

PS.....Here's a recent picture of the long lost CULCUNE-A-FISH in Yuma Arizona waiting on the 3:10

Har har har har , that darn Simon anyway , where is he !!!!
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 11-27-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Happy thanksgiving :)

Enjoy the pies, ham, and turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Happy thanksgiving :)

Enjoy the pies, ham, and turkey!
    and the guns...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

Happy ummmm... belated Thanksgiving! Went out for a short ride though which was nice but ate too much and OD'd on red wine and triptiphane (sp?). Fuggin' Turkeys!

CC

P.S. Nice work on those grips SNorton'! Where'd you learn woodcrafting?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Howdee Crazy Carl and the gang ,
    Ummm , I am pretty sure it was the Red wine Carl , not the Turkey that put you down . LOL !
    Matter of fact , they now say that triptophan really aint causing much of what AMERICA suffers from around Thanksgiving , its more from pure Gluttonony . Triptophan is an amino acid , not a narcotic sleep agent you know ? Does little to put people to sleep , but it does do a body good Red wine on the other hand is a nice little drug .
    I like mine by the gallon , and I only drink to excess , so I don't drink , anymore .
    We hurt ourselves pretty bad last night eating too .

Thanks KingMarty45 , at least you got the point

Crazy Carl , I learned gunsmithing from a PUP , watching my Dad do this stuff from knee high to a grasshopper out in his shops where ever we lived when young . We was common folk , GI with the Air Farce and we never had money really, so he did it part time to feed us basically . He is one hell of a gunsmith now in his late 60's . I'm better but don't tell him that Then in collage the first go round for Forestry I took two years AA minor for gunsmithing in Susanville California . Been doing it for over 30 years for real and for real money too . Currently I am very into the Civil War era guns and my collection is getting VAST . Its dirty , smokey and lots of fire and one heck of allot of fun to shoot the old black powder reproduction revolvers .
    Here's my two LeMats I got this year, they are 9 round .44's and 20 guage shotgun barrel under each each revolver barrel . These was the Confederates High ranking officers guns , Beuroguards and several others during the War .
    These are $800 each . Some of Italys finest made guns for sure and they charge ackordingly .

I handmade the case too out of clear verticle grain Fir , hence the Carpenter thing and Jesus thing
    Lots of fun, keeps me busy and they are a blast to shoot , punn intended .
    I aint all about gunpowder guns either Carl, I shoot 10 Meter air pistola and air rifle Olympic class too and have several fine airguns . I used to do that professionally when I was young too , now just for fun , kinda like my bike fettish now

I too got out and rode yesterday , dirt , and made sure I typed Cuclcune first to rubb his nose in it and keep him inspired I almost munched it too a couple times but that darn Viva 250 saved me both times and took over where humans could not possibly save themselves from wrecking. It just ponied up and took over on the suspension and litteraly saved me from crashing , hard . I hit a burried 4 X 4 in my front yard cooking out of turn four at about 35mph , never saw the board and the front end washed out when I hit it, but the bike caught some grip on the front tire and whoomph , there I was straight back up riding, scarey stuff . Needed to slow it down is what it told me , hee hee hee . I didn't of course ! Never got out of third gear its too slippery out here right now . Fun but deadly .
    Will get out agian today am sure and make some more lines for Crashnfool to look at with his ATV when he gets here Sunday . Should be a hoot ! It is a tiny little track , but its FREE and I got good coffee beans and PIE !!!!!!
    Wish you other guys were here, we'd ripp it up for sure . I hope someday to meet more of you And I will .

Later, Cheers, Have a good day and go out and play !!!!

Snortin Norton