Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Shineray 2011 XY200GY (No registration) 4000元 Ono 
    Hi everyone,

My work contract has finished and I'm leaving China soon, but first I need to pass on my first China-bike, a Shineray 200cc Long March. I was planning on driving this one around China, but the dealer I bought it from neglected to tell me about the emissions standards (国三) that were about to come into effect at the time meaning that it can't be registered, so it never got a number plate. For the past year or so, it has mostly been sitting around so it's only done 1143 kms.

One of the smart bookkeepers at my work was supposed to be helping me get it registered while I spent 3 months on the road on another bike, and ended up losing the original paperwork after they figured out it couldn't be registered. All I currently have in the way of paperwork is a certificate of ownership from the local Shineray dealer.

The most recent trip I did was the 10 kms between my last garage and the new one and she handled fine.

Everything is stock and I've made no modifications. It needs a new left hand mirror, and a new battery (I'm pretty sure that the guys at the factory didn't charge it properly to start with). Right now it takes a while to kickstart, but the electric starter should work fine with a new battery. Other than that I've never had any problems with it except for the odd flat tyre.

I got it for 8000元. I'd let it go for 4000元 or nearer offer.

I'm also selling a Garmin 60Csx GPS unit with holder, and a Powerlet electrical/heated vest.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

Jeremy
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 10-09-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Paperwork

2. #2 Re: Shineray 2011 XY200GY (No registration) 4000元 Ono 
    C-Moto Regular
    I want it! NOW!

3. #3 Re: Shineray 2011 XY200GY (No registration) 4000元 Ono 
    hey Jeremy how much for the gps?

4. #4 Re: Shineray 2011 XY200GY (No registration) 4000元 Ono 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    hey Jeremy how much for the gps?

Hey Zhu,

1300元 should do it. It's about half the price I got it for off Taobao last year, but it's a bit of a pain to use because the unit only reads English (Spanish, Portuguese and French too), while the China map is in Chinese characters, so towns come up as confusing symbols. It also doesn't have the option of ignoring expressways, and depending on how you select your route, it will prefer to send you to an expressway instead of more available options. I get around this by planning my route on googlemaps and converting it to a GPX file and loading the waypoints onto the unit before a ride.

It's waterproof and shock resistant. I've dropped it a couple of times and been through plenty of downpours with it, still working fine.

Great for middle-of-nowhere rides though, and can save a lot of time on the road, but takes some getting used to.

5. #5 Re: Shineray 2011 XY200GY (No registration) 4000元 Ono 
    And it comes with a RAM swivel mount like this; http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAM-Motorcyc...item5d33f86eaa