Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 SHANGHAI Garage/ Lockup/ Warehouse Space to Rent/ Share/ Borrow Anything.....?? 
    So, courtesy of Deppon my now slightly disheveled and very muddy JH600 Sidecar is in Shanghai and I managed last night to do a 10pm stealth mission from the Deppon Qingpu depot into downtown and the bike is now parked up and covered outside my apartment. Bearing in mind I am yet to sort plates this was a rather nerve-wracking ride as typically around every corner and at every crossroads The Fuzz were on bikes and in cars waiting to seemingly pounce on me. Luckily I managed to evade them and at one point had to hide in a backalley shadow in death-con 5 mode for 10 minutes while they buggered off.

Anyhow, on to the point of this post... I need a place to keep the bike full-time and seeing as I live in downtown and I can never register a Shanghai plate for this bike and never actually want to ride it in downtown I am looking for an accessible lockup or garage or similar to store the bike in fulltime. Preferably not TOO far out (in Puxi) and preferably not TOO expensive!

I have two mates who are already interested in sharing a the place, but if there is anyone else out there who:

a) would be willing to share also?
    b) has a place already that they would like to share the cost of?
    c) knows of suitable lockups or garages for rent?
    d) has a garage/ warehouse/ anything they don't use and would be willing to rent or ideally provide FOC in return for beers !

then please don't hesitate to get in contact.

I would like to get this sorted out ASAP.

The place would obviously have to be secure and ideally the place would have an electricity line and - not quite so importantly - running water and even a bog, but I am open to ideas/ suggestions/ offers....ANYthing! If we can get a team of people together to share the cost and pool together tools, kit, space, ideas, beers then all the better and I reckon the more people the better the space will get.

Cheers,
    Tommy
    Last edited by tombaxers; 10-19-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Shanghai
    2012 Jialing JH600B-A (Shanghai) 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (UK)
    2003 Hyosung Aquila 125 (UK) 200? Yamaha YBR 125 (Yangshuo)
    2010 Triumph Bonneville A2 (sold)