Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Wanted - Galaxy XTR250 or Bike capable of doing serious offroading, willing to pay 8K 
    I'm on the lookout for a reasonable trails or MotoX bike to join my mates offroading, I've just sold my CQR250, and I'll be willing to pay up to 8k for a reasonable bike, please send me a PM or reply to this thread, I live in Shenzhen, but I'll sort out shipping if the bike looks legit.

Thanks guys, I'm feeling lonely without a crosser.

2. #2 Re: Wanted - Galaxy XTR250 or Bike capable of doing serious offroading, willing to pa 
    would you tell us a bit about the cqr?

what i really mean is , would you buy another one?

3. #3 Re: Wanted - Galaxy XTR250 or Bike capable of doing serious offroading, willing to pa 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    would you tell us a bit about the cqr?

what i really mean is , would you buy another one?
    Yes, without a doubt, the CQR or "Bodgeworx" as I called it was a fantastic bike, big loud, plenty of power and brilliant for the streets of Buji where I live, I could flip it in and out of traffic, ramp over sidewalks, potholes and well just about anything, also very reliable even though the build quality is pretty shit, bits fell off but were easily replaced. I have many videos on youtube of me riding the thing around. Here's a quick link if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjlzh...583B1680691A56

I really loved the bike, a good strong tried and tested Zhongshen 250cc engine.

Only reason I sold it is because I know it won't be able to keep up with the smaller lighter and better built galaxies that my mates have.

I've done some mid level offroading on it and got seriously stuck in some mud, here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/xPiZu3CrW54

I helped a neighbour buy a new CQR last month, the newer ones are even better, a brilliant all rounder dual sport if you ask me.

Their website is www.yueye023.com

4. #4 Re: Wanted - Galaxy XTR250 or Bike capable of doing serious offroading, willing to pa 
    Crap. I just sold my Yamaha TTR 250 for 8k. That bad boy was fantastic. I have tried out a Galaxy - Great feel, but the power on the streets was a bit lacking. As for the CQR, I rode one in Baotou, and it was awful. I am pretty sure it was a terrible cut and paste job though. Could never really trust the bike dealers up there...

Anyway, keep truckin fellow vlogger! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentza View Post
    Yes, without a doubt, the CQR or "Bodgeworx" as I called it was a fantastic bike, big loud, plenty of power and brilliant for the streets of Buji where I live, I could flip it in and out of traffic, ramp over sidewalks, potholes and well just about anything, also very reliable even though the build quality is pretty shit, bits fell off but were easily replaced. I have many videos on youtube of me riding the thing around. Here's a quick link if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjlzh...583B1680691A56

I really loved the bike, a good strong tried and tested Zhongshen 250cc engine.

Only reason I sold it is because I know it won't be able to keep up with the smaller lighter and better built galaxies that my mates have.

I've done some mid level offroading on it and got seriously stuck in some mud, here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/xPiZu3CrW54

I helped a neighbour buy a new CQR last month, the newer ones are even better, a brilliant all rounder dual sport if you ask me.

Their website is www.yueye023.com

5. #5 Re: Wanted - Galaxy XTR250 or Bike capable of doing serious offroading, willing to pa 
    Thanks for all the replies, I've managed to buy ChinaV's old XTR, which then became RichardKTM's XTR, which is now although being pounded on and put through its paces like a red-headed step child, is still in great mechanical shape due to the fact that both previous owners are great mechanics and have good mechanical sympathy.
    xtrs.jpg

Here's a picture of it parked next to Pikey Tom's new almost identical XTR

I have ordered over a grand's worth of new parts from Taobao and I'm set to get this puppy nice and whole again (it's been modded for optimum "Northern-English" offroading), love the bike and it's going to get a hell of a lot more use off-road. I've posted a video about it on my youtube channel if anyone wants to check it out: www.youtube.com/serpentza