Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: QJ250-L

1. #1 QJ250-L 
    Does anybody has some experience with the QJ250-L ?

1(93).jpg

Some infos here:
    http://www.qjmotor.com/qjmotor/newsA...34878e9e0203fd

Cheers, Tomtom

2. #2 Re: QJ250-L 
    I was about to say yes, but actually it's a no. Two of my friends have had the restyled Honda Rebel CMX250 clones. They aren't too bad, for Chinese bikes, maybe a bit better than Regal Raptors. Check the bolts are tight as ever with Chinese bikes.

These seem the same but have the Zongshen reverse-engineered Honda V-twin engines instead of the parellel twin engine. I wouldn't pay more than 12,000 RMB for one new. You'd get way more bike with a Suzuki GW250, but it's 24,380.

3. #3 Re: QJ250-L 
    Qianjiang's V engine - it must be a clone of the Yamaha Virago 250 engine.

For several years they, QJ, are selling Keeway Cruiser 250, which, as far as I can see, it looks almost identical to the QJ250L. As far as I can see, the only external difference between the two is a modified clutch actuator assembly.

By the experience of the local riders of Keeway Cruiser and Jinlun JL 250 V, which has the same engine - they were OK. There are no unpleasant surprises with the engine. Plus, Keeway is built somewhat better than the average Chinese bike.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #4 Re: QJ250-L 
    Agree with Zorge, the link states it's a Yamaha engine. Didin't have any experience with it, still the overall quality looked dodgy when I checked the bike out at our local dealer (Benelli-Qianjiang, that is). Frame welds, plasticky-looking rims, separate turning light switches, that huge pseudo-chrome thingy on the triple clamp, the windshield mounted onto a 0.1mm thick bracket... The list goes on. The engine might be bulletproof and I might've gotten the bike to mod/customize the hell out of it.
    Daily riding - nope, not for me.