Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    I suspect that the problem is inherently related to language, those that know the technical are not versed in the language and vica versa. They also do not see the potential ramifications of violating design rights. Probably for much the same reason.
    Selling the Honda grom copies outside of China is like selling a poison pill. So is selling copies of the Yamaha Tricker.
    It is not that complicated the owners of the design can go after anyone selling their copyrighted designs in court, they can sue for recovery of the damages that being the proceeds of the sales.
    I am guessing since so many are doing it, so many other must think that hey it must be safe to sell these, well it isn’t. It is relatively safe in China to make copies and sell them, they operate with immunity and indemnity, however those outside of China well that simply is not the case.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-14-2015 at 02:22 PM.

2. #42 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    ZF-Kymco is partnering in India, they are offering models under the brand name EIDER Motors out of Hyderbad.
    They have the 250 model that looks like a low cost copy of a Benelli TNT 899.

Even though the model is not listed on their website, it on their showroom floor.

3. #43 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    We mentioned here "K-pipe".

Here's one Chongqing clone - "Cowells" CO150-S9.
    OK, it is a bit untidy in details, but they "grafted in" some feisty "big bore" horizontal engine with upper engine a-la "Kawa" KLX 110.
    Attached Images
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #44 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    they did a great job of keeping the exhaust pipe tucked in high around the motor with excellent clearance...as i see most are slung low waiting to bit into the dirt on a dirt road.

im totally impressed with Kymco quality and have two...would love to see a 300cc kymco motorcycle...in China

5. #45 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    I do not think the KYMCO K-PIPE did well in Europe, KYMCO promoted them in the UK for only a short time frame. They now are only offering the CK1 and Zing for Motorcycles.
    The K-Pipe model, I am not sure where outside of the mainland that it is sold? Kymco does not list it in Taiwan so it’s made in China and probably sold mostly there.
    In Tawain Kymco is offering a standard that they call the KTR 150, it has the four valve SOHC engine but not the same as they use in their Quannons. The KTR 150 is rated at 1.2hp less @12.8hp, then the 14hp rating of the Quannons.

6. #46 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    [QUOTE=MJH;79844]I do not think the KYMCO K-PIPE did well in Europe, KYMCO promoted them in the UK for only a short time frame. They now are only offering the CK1 and Zing for Motorcycles.
    The K-Pipe model, I am not sure where outside of the mainland that it is sold? Kymco does not list it in Taiwan so it’s made in China and probably sold mostly there.
    In Tawain Kymco is offering a standard that they call the KTR 150, it has the four valve SOHC engine but not the same as they use in their Quannons. The KTR 150 is rated at 1.2hp less @12.8hp, then the 14

What I know is the.big diferrence of a 4 valve over a two. More important than the cc size regarding smoothness and feel of the engine

7. #47 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    To make it even more confusing, KYMCO also offers a CK1-150 in China that is a water cooled 4-Valve 150 that is rated at 12.9hp, it has EFI.

Pretty basic stuff, what makes the engine smoother is a balance shaft, the addtional valves make it more efficient. However adding more metal increases weight so it all has to be engineered and machined well.

Allot of what Kymco sells is manfucatured out of China, I believe only what is also sold in Tawain is what made there.

as for their partner ZF most of what they make is sold in China, they export to South America and Africa Primarly. They also sell in South East Asia as well, its pretty agressive for them to enter India.

8. #48 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    Everyone is always worried about weight...its not a bicycle and you going to load the bike down with gear and luggage anyway.
    Ultimately every ride has a different weight

9. #49 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    True and why heavy weights like their liter bikes.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-21-2016 at 12:45 PM.

10. #50 Re: ZF-KYMCO 西藏新珠峰摩托车有限公司 
    ZF-Kymco will be supplying Gilera of Argentina it G1 sport bike, they displaced the Yingang model.

53,800.00 ARS = 3,684.18 USD
    Last edited by MJH; 03-17-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast