Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lifan LF200-2D New Lifan Sport Bike. 
    I think this is a really sharp looking bike, opinions?

Motorcycle model: LF200-2D
    Dimension ((L¡ÁB¡ÁH mm): 1930*690*1070
    Wheel base (mm):1320

Min.Ground Clearance (mm): 140

Dry Weight:135kg

Height Of Seat (mm): 780

Fuel Tank Capacity(L): 12

Engine Type:Single-cylinder, air-cooled,four-stroke
    Engine model: 163FML-2MP

Bore¡ÁStroke: 63.5mm*62.2mm

Displacement: 196.9ml

Maximum Net Power 10.2kw/8000r/min

Maximum Torque:14N.m/6500r/min

Clutch: Wet multi-plate

Lubrication: Pressure/splash

Start: Electric start/kick start

Ignition:.C.D.I

Transmission: 5 gear

Max. Speed (km/h): 90km/h
    Economical Fuel Consumption (l/100km): ¡Ü2.3L/100km

Front Type Size and Air Pressure: 80/90-17/200KPa

Rear Type Size and Air Pressure: 100/80-17/225KPa

Climbing Ability (¡ã): ¡Ý20¡ã

Exhaust Index: CO¡Ü3.8%£»HC¡Ü800ppm

Start Performance: ¡Ü15s

Braking system (front/rear): disk
    Brake Performance: ¡Ü7m/30km/h

2. #2 Lifan LF200-2D v Honda CBF125 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    That looks superb. However Honda have just released their fuel injected CBF125 with a very atractive price. I know that this Lifan is a 200 but they'll have to release a sleeved-down 125 version to compete in markets where there's a 125 cc learner limit.
    They'll have to be very careful with the pricing otherwise people won't think twice and go for the Honda.
    In the UK market, for example, the Honda sells for only £370 more than something like current model LIFAN 125 with its Jurassic state of engine development, poor importer and dealer back-up, worthless guarantees and so on.

I also notice that the LIFAN is still carburetted. This will not pass European legislation. The Chinese will have to pull their finger out and introduce fuel injection and 3-way catalytic converters soon or they'll wave goodbye to the considerable EU market.

A similar thing happened years ago with Russian LADA cars. They were simply unable to reduce emissions levels and had to withdraw from the western European market alltogether. We're not talking about a backdoor enterprise, but with a massive company that, at the time, employed over 137.000 people and not one of them could get their engines updated to comply with coming regulations. But that's Communism for you.

I fear many Chinese makers might suffer the same fate. At the moment only Jialing with their JH600 (using European technology) have injection systems. Regal Raptor have at least one model (the DD250E-9BF) on the market with injection, but apart from those honourable exceptions there's nothing else coming as far as I can see.
    Over the border, Kymco and Hyosung in South Korea, have had fuel-injected bikes out for quite some time. The Indians are introducing an updated engine with injection in their Royal Enfields. They both move quicker than the Chinese dinosaurs.

There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel with US help in the shape of Electrojet, a Brighton-based company that has invented an economical fuel injection system that they're hoping to sell to the Chinese for their motorcycles. Read all about it here:

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=6398722

And here, where it says that DAYANG have already adopted this American device:

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...008+BW20080811

Last edited by forchetto; 11-30-2008 at 04:20 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

We have CBR 125's here in Canada, no CBF though... I agree that it is a better bike, but out the door that cbr 125 will realisticly run you about $5000 Canadian.

4. #4 CBR 125 RR Chinese replicas 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    The Chinese have a nearly identical replica to a Honda CBR 125RR in the shape of the AJS CR3. Also sold as a Kaisar XTR125 and Yuan Renegade. they look very similar to the Lifan above. Engine, frame and plastics are identical, the only difference is in the seat. It's half the price of the Honda:

Last edited by forchetto; 11-30-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

That's a good looking bike... Though the Honda most likely is more advanced technically... But I guess that is why we can buy Chinese bikes cheaper :)

I think the lifan is an attempt at a CBR125 clone, but look at the wiring under the light and the chain hanging down near the exhaust you can see it looks a bit shoddy. It is a 200, because that is the only way they can get similar performance figures to the CBR with a Chinese engine.

__________________________________________________ ______________

CBR125 stats
    Engine type: Single cylinder
    Stroke: 4
    Power: 13.41 HP (9.8 kW)) @ 10000 RPM
    Torque: 10.60 Nm (1.1 kgf-m or 7.8 ft.lbs) @ 8250 RPM
    Bore x stroke: 58.0 x 47.2 mm (2.3 x 1.9 inches)
    Fuel system: Injection
    Ignition: Fully transistorised with electronic advance
    Starter: Electric
    Cooling system: Liquid
    Gearbox: 6-speed Transmission type
    Dry weight: 127.3 kg (280.6 pounds)
    Front suspension: 31mm telescopic fork, 109mm axle travel
    Rear suspension: Monoshock damper, 120 mm axle travel
    Front brakes: Single disc
    Front brakes diameter: 276 mm (10.9 inches)
    Rear brakes: Single disc
    Rear brakes diameter: 220 mm (8.7 inches)
    Speed and acceleration
    Power/weight ratio: 0.1053 HP/kg
    Other specifications
    Fuel capacity: 10.00 litres (2.64 gallons)

__________________________________________________ ______________

Some of the stats are surely wrong top speed for the Lifan 90kmh? It's gotta be quicker than that for a 200cc bike!

The CBR125 can do 120kmh!
    The CBF125 probably 110-115kmh!

Also the picture forcetto posted is of the Indian made Hero Honda CBF125, the international model might end up looking a little different.

As one of my Chinese friends says "Chinese bikes always made looking good on outside, no good on inside". Of course the Lifan will be cheaper, but what about the differences in resale and how the bike will be after 5 years abuse?

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Also the picture forchetto posted is of the Indian made Hero Honda CBF125, the international model might end up looking a little different.
    Just had a close look in a shop at the first of the CBF125 to arrive here. Not impressed. You're of course correct, it's made in India, and the quality is apalling in my opinion. Rough finish, lots of cheapo ill-fitting plastics, parts stamped out of sheet metal full of burrs, etc. That's why it's so cheap. My Qingqi knocks it into a cocked hat for fit and finish.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    The Indians are introducing an updated engine with injection in their Royal Enfields.
    Royal Enfield is late to the party. Bajaj, Hero and TVS have all been building EFI bikes for a while now.

Best,
    PJ

For some reason this is the first time the image of the Lifan showed up on my browser.

Now that I have a chance to see it, it looks pretty good and is clearly trying to compete with the CBR (not CBF) line. Looking at the frame, exhaus, heel guards and passenger foot peg hangers, I wouldn't be surprised if Lifan manufactures the CBR125 and stuck their 200cc engine in it.

A plus for the Lifan is the USD forks which Chinese manufacturers seem to be throwing on bikes like last years clothing. Also the plastics don't look too bad. Actually, I knind of like the sweeping lines in a Hayabusa meets a Versys kinda way, but I would have show cased it in something other than blue.

A minus for the Lifan is that nasty gangleon of loose and exposed wires just under the headlight which and respectable motorcycle company would loom up and tuck away... esp. before any product shot. Wonder what the gauges look like?

Even though I think a real 125 Honda engine should be able to crank out more power than a similar Chinese clone, the difference between a 125 and 200cc engine should be unmistakable (unless the 200 is totally crap). Even if the HP is the same, the 200cc should have higher torque specs which (in this case 40% more), IMHO, is the real benefit of more displacement in the smaller size engines.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    The Honda CBF 125

Slightly off topic, but it seems that Honda's strategy to beat the Chinese at their own game is paying off. The CBF 125 is selling well, at least here and in the UK due to its competitive price, £1795 in the UK and 2000 euros in the EU (about US $2500 on the road price). The 125 cc market in the EU is huge, due to licensing laws.

Not only does this price get very close to Chinese imports of dubious reliability, horrendous resale values and poor service and spares back-up, but Honda have fleets of road test bikes doing the rounds of the press and made available at the dealers to try out by prospective customers. Everyone seems impressed with the performance, fuel consumption and general build quality and sophistication of its fuel injected engine.

This availability of press and customer test bikes contrasts with the attitude of Chinese back yard importers that can't even be bothered to remove the protective polythene cover from the seat to get some decent publicity photos. Lend one or two examples to the press? No Way Jose!!!, they might find out what a lousy Pre-delivery inspection we've done.

On one other Chinese bike forum I contribute to, they're deserting in droves...

As an example of what they're up against, the nearest Chinese bike in quality and kind of roadster style that I can think of is the Qingqi QM125-2D. (Sinnis Stealth in the UK). That costs £1895 ($2700)...

The Qingqi QM 125-2D

Both bikes have around 11 BHP, but the Honda only has to propel 128 kg kerb weight whereas the Qingqi weighs in at over 140 kg. It has such niceties as USD forks and 3 dual piston disc brakes, against the Honda's perfectly able single disc at the front and drum at the back. The Honda also has a fairing.
    Last edited by forchetto; 02-15-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast