Hi guys,

Just joined and trying to get my head around some of the brands/manufacturers/models on the Chinese moto scene - no easy task!

Bit of background... First bike was a Honda Hornet that I rode home from the dealership with a fresh MOT yet it was chucking petrol all over the engine, exhaust and me! Hated that bike. Second was a Yamaha Fazer with a 'mileage discrepancy' that I took the dealer to court over. Got pretty disillusioned with buying bikes due to the incompetence and dishonesty of (most) of the bike dealers in my part of the UK so currently bikeless for the past couple of years. Bigger bikes too expensive here now (my brother-in-law got his Bandit new in '09 for £4,000. Dealer now sells them for £6500) and running costs not worth it for me any more, but I have been toying with the idea of a small capacity city runaround for fun.

Started investigating the Chinese bikes and visited a couple of dealers - one a joke, but the other seemed pretty reputable. Pretty tempted to go for a bike in the next few weeks but dilemma over what make? (Being a bit taller, I like the supermoto style)...

Pulse Adrenaline - quite fancied this. Am I right in thinking this is made by Pioneer (or is it Qingqi?) and is the same as the Sinnis Apache and Superbyke RMR? If so, why does the Sinnis seem to get better reviews... is it because they have an office in the UK which markets them better? Presumably all from the same factory and just different branding?

Lexmoto - where does this fit in... any relation to the above?

Likewise AJR?

HMC Lightning - liked this one most of all when I looked at it a fortnight ago. 125, watercooled, the most expensive but great 'fit' for me at 6'3" and 200lbs. Is this new for 2012 as never heard of HMC before? Not sure who the manufacturer is but it looks like a bike on the Zongshen website.

I'm soooo confused by all the choices, what brands have the better reputations, what brands have better spares availability etc. Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere - I've tried searching but can't find it... but is there a list somewhere of what Chinese manufacturers make what UK branded imports? Any opinions welcome as it all helps me decide on what bike to go for. I'd like to buy within the next month.

Thanks !!!