Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Bashan BS125GY

1. #1 Bashan BS125GY 
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forum but I'm looking for info on the Bashan BS125GY. I live in Uganda and have been riding a Bajaj Boxer BM100 for the past year. I'm wanting something a little more suited for offroad riding and I can get the Bashan for a decent price. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular bike? How will the over-all build quality compare to the Bajaj? Also, will the +25cc be a noticeable difference in power? Thanks for any help!

2. #2 Re: Bashan BS125GY 
    You're compare 10hp (typical Honda CG125 clone) to 7.6hp (BM100). No one can tells the REAL difference until u rides it, borrow someone's CG125 clone get the impression 1st is a good idea.

3. #3 Re: Bashan BS125GY 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by NDak83 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forum but I'm looking for info on the Bashan BS125GY. I live in Uganda and have been riding a Bajaj Boxer BM100 for the past year. I'm wanting something a little more suited for offroad riding and I can get the Bashan for a decent price. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular bike? How will the over-all build quality compare to the Bajaj? Also, will the +25cc be a noticeable difference in power? Thanks for any help!
    Hi Mr Dak ,,I had a Bashan 250 vixson a honda 233cc clone,,and used it a lot on and off the dirt,,for the money I found it a pretty good bike,,I did 7000 miles on it before it was stollen..I never had any trouble with the engine,,thou the USD forks where leaking abit towards the end...for a 233cc there was not much power,but youknow what they say "power corruputes "...The stock tyres where not so bad either,,there is one thing,in fact three things I would do again ...First I would change the oil before any use sraight out the create.Next I would fit a new spark plug..Next I would fit new wheel bearings as soon as poss..... I hope that helps ,,,all the best lipsee

4. #4 Re: Bashan BS125GY 
    Thanks for the info! Does anyone know if Chinese bikes sold in Africa are the same quality as those sold elsewhere? I've heard there's Chinese products built for America, and Chinese products built for Africa, the latter being of poor quality.