Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Cam upgrade & jet kit questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have a 06' qlink xf200 that I've done moose racing filter,needle clip move,fmf muffler and 16/44 sprocket combo.My question Is should I do the drz125 cam or lt250s cam and what size jets should I go with to compliment cam?Also how hard is cam install on these motors?

2. #2 Re: Cam upgrade & jet kit questions 
    C-Moto Guru
    If your talking about the DRZ125 hot cam I think it's supposed to be crap even for the DRZ125 so sticking it in a 200cc will probably reduce performance. As far as I know the LT250s cam will be the best but you may have trouble finding one. As for the jets you probably need to go one size up on your main jet and adjust your idle mix screw until you get the fastest and smoothest idle.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Cam upgrade & jet kit questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yeah after reading around I realize its to mild but I did some digging and found a site that sells the hot cams stage 2 and its made for a big note 125 which is exactly what the xf200 is.Im worried about the lt250s cam being to big for stock springs,but can't find specs on it.I think the stage 2 rould be perfect for my bike as I do all street riding and its setup for mid to top end power.

4. #4 Re: Cam upgrade & jet kit questions 
    C-Moto Guru
    That's the problem with performance modding chinese bikes, espessially the less common 200cc ones; you just have to try something and hope for the best. There's no harm in trying but I don't think a performance cam for 125 will do well in a 200cc. See if you can get in contact with the other people who posted to the cam thread since they probably know a lot more about it than me.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: Cam upgrade & jet kit questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    A couple of people on here have used the stage 1 with good results but say its a little on the mild side so stage 2 should be nice.And the 200's are a bored out 125 so it should work fine.I'll buy it in the next few weeks and try it out.