Hi MCMers,

*Moderator, if I posted this wrong I am sorry, didn't know where to go*

It has come to a time where I'm in need of you MCMers updated expert opinions and advice again concerning price and getting plated in Shanghai. I've read plenty of post by bikerdoc and euphonius, how to get legal and plated and such, but couldn't find anything related to my headaches.

I went to this Benelli shop on Pubei Road this weekend (Saturday) and I immediately fell in love with the white Benelli with its red decor. I asked a young guy how much a Hu A plate would cost and he replied 80.000RMB. Today (Monday), when I called back and talked to an older woman (probably the owner or the owner's wife), she said the price plate was now up to 85.000RMB! The price was given to her by a 黄牛 "yellow cow", some guy who deals with plats and related. And to my surprise, it was a Hu B plate(?).

My question is; is the price given legite? I mean, it was 70.000RMB last month and it keeps heading north in a pretty fast pace. And what's the different between a Hu A and a Hu B? According to the older lady in the shop, there is no different. You can still drive in the inner circle with it, just that in the old time Shanghai, Hu A was for some kind of special vehical and then things changed, Hu A was then equal to Hu B. Is this information also legit?

I've been reading a post (I think it was by euphonius') when he got his steed plated and what a hassle it was. So I decided to ask the shop to plate it for me, just to avoid the inconvenience. How does this procedure usually go? I know that the shop charge a fee for doing this but since the plate cost 85.000RMB(!) could the fee already be included? Or are they trying to scam me now that they now I want to buy the beauty?

Some thoughts and advices are highly appreciated.

/Jackie