Quote Originally Posted by Snev313 View Post
Hi all,

got a question....

I know that to keep a SH plate it has to be attached to a bike, or if I bought a bike I need to attach a plate within 6months to it... how does it look like with the yearly insurance and safety inspection after?

Does the bike need to be inspected every year and I paid for the insurance to have no issues with the plate ...

Example: My insurance and technical inspection ran out in Januar 2016... now its August, ergo more than 6 months... does this cause me any issues regards to the plate... (besides all the other issues I would have due to not be legally covered in case of an accident)

To make it even more dramatic: Could I park my bike now and don't drive in the next 2 years but then pay insurance, technical inspection and registration in 2018 again. So my bike is fully legal again I can drive and my plate still valid ?

Thx for any insight...
I don't know about SH, but this works in Beijing. The previous owner of my bike had an expired safety inspection and it made no difference when he went in for a new inspection. Also, by the the time I bought the bike the insurance had lapsed and that posed no problem at all to go in a renew the insurance for another year starting the day I renewed. Insurance of course you can walk in to to the office to purchase, but the safety inspection you have to drive in (or deliver on the back of a truck), so you run the remote risk of getting dinged for driving an uninspected vehicle while on the way to inspection