Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Thanks, valuable info there.

I bought a 2nd plate in December for 91K, as an investment, and started wondering how smart a move that was recently.

I'm glad that it goes up in June, but fail to understand why.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

2. #92 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by braillce View Post
    Thanks, valuable info there.
    I bought a 2nd plate in December for 91K, as an investment, and started wondering how smart a move that was recently.
    I'm glad that it goes up in June, but fail to understand why.
    Easy, TIC! - logic free zone...

3. #93 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Lol, makes sense...
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

4. #94 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    For those who are worried about the current value of their precious shanghai plates,. FEAR not!
    After the recent crackdown, the demand for "A" and "C" starting to swell once again.

Source: chinese motorcycle website

5. #95 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by crismoe' View Post
    After the recent crackdown, the demand for "A" and "C" starting to swell once again.
    Source: chinese motorcycle website
    Is there a link to this website you can share? Am always trying to find reliable source of info about these prices....

6. #96 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinasam View Post
    Is there a link to this website you can share? Am always trying to find reliable source of info about these prices....
    Well, the post doesnt really says it all, its more like a daily monitoring for my part. I got my "C" early this year and witnessed it sky rocketed as high as 30k and go down as low as 12k. Just like other proud owner of the this piece of gold i was quite anxious about my investment. My dealer mentioned that MC plates are like stocks,since the goverment doesnt control its price so theres no way to know for sure.

591moto.com-for shanghai MC community, just be patient and you'll see what your looking for

7. #97 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Ok - will try and see - Thanks.

8. #98 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Actually, I've already got a plate so take this with a large lump of salt. But to me 80k RMB seems about right for the privilege of piloting a couple tons of steel and glass around a crowded city, especially if the plate is a tradeable, transferable asset. Maybe too low. Compare Shanghai's streets with any other city in China, and you'll appreciate the huge positive impact of the current system.

When a vice mayor starts going "populist" and saying, without any empirical justification, that plate prices are too high, you know we are in trouble. Just look at Beijing, where a policy of getting everyone in a car held sway for more than a decade. They finally panicked in the past 18 months but it's too little, too late. Although plates are getting more and more expensive in Beijing, that's a city that long ago lost control and unless they start charging very heavy annual fees Beijing will never bring its mind-numbing, productivity-sapping traffic loads down to the levels we currently enjoy in Shanghai.

Administrative means to lower prices, or at least curb speculation and a price bubble? Yeah, well, that's what the government has been trying with the housing market. And what's the result? Prices just keep on soaring. Couples are even divorcing to game the system and own more than one flat.

Market controls probably allocate resources best, but not everyone is going to be happy with the results.

cheers
    Man, me as a native shanghaian, i think you become a shanghaian too. Congrads. Very good analysis.

9. #99 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Regular
    Recently in shanghai, the cops start cracking down all illegal motobikes, mopads, over power electronic scooters. I think gringos also dont have too much luck. Cops have their own KPI to follow. So better keep your head down and watch out carefully when u approach a junction.

10. #100 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Hi all,

.. I'm looking for the current prices for Hu "A" and Hu "C"... does somebody know... or is there another thread ?

Best,

Sven

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast