Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
  1. #121 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Regular
    from traffic code , if you got caught in downtown shanghai by cops, watever hu C or plate from other cities, same penalty, 200 kuai + 3 points.
    so that's why i said they are all same other than hu A if you live in downtown shanghai

2. #122 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes, I am aware of this, and not very concerned about it as I don't intend to ride downtown anyhow... I am more worried about the penalty for not having a proper registration (a legal one, but not leading to the right household registration), and the consequences in case of an accident, etc...

3. #123 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Regular
    you dont have to worry about that. and even you dont have to explain it if cops ask you

4. #124 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Philies View Post
    Yes, I am aware of this, and not very concerned about it as I don't intend to ride downtown anyhow... I am more worried about the penalty for not having a proper registration (a legal one, but not leading to the right household registration), and the consequences in case of an accident, etc...
    A bike that's has a legal plate in your name or not in your name or at a address you live at or not live at is legal ???? full stop ok
    As mention here if you ride a bike in a area that you need special plate then the outcome as been pointed out to you very clear 200 rmb + 3 points.
    What part of this don't you understand all these points have been talked about on MCM in great detail before and please just search on MCM and all your question will be answered.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #125 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hu A plates are now 250K rmb. I sold mine with my MV Agusta F3 when it was 180K. I just bought another one with an S1000RR. I hear they will go up by a lot more before the end of the year! If you like to ride and can grab a Hu A plate, I would strongly recommend you do so

6. #126 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Seeing as i dont have a resident permit here (shanghai) , is there a reputable service in Jiangsu or nearby that would be able to register a used bike for me? My intention is either to ride it around China or take it out of the country for good.
    i'll have a licence though (if i pass)

7. #127 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guy's!
    I bought petrol scooter recently - 150cc and despite promise from seller got it without any plates... So far I am driving around without any problems, but...
    1) Do I have any option to register it (I only have fapiao), any idea on plates for scooter (Hu C & D.. etc.)
    2) If I choose to register it in Suzhou, do I need to drive it there or only take docs with me?
    3) What would be the punishment if I get stopped by police?

Cheers!

8. #128 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi zman, did you ever figure this out? I would like to know the exact thing you asked about. My work permit is in Taicang, but I live in Shanghai. Could I get plates from Taicang for a used bike?

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Seeing as i dont have a resident permit here (shanghai) , is there a reputable service in Jiangsu or nearby that would be able to register a used bike for me? My intention is either to ride it around China or take it out of the country for good.
    i'll have a licence though (if i pass)

9. #129 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    C-Moto Noob
    Howdy everyone.

I have what I think is a fairly simple question.

In short, I'm living outside the city (Google Link) and I want to know what my options are for into Shanghai. Am I wrong to assume that I would need 'Hu C' plates? I believe I'm technically outside the city limits, but either way, I'm wondering if it's possible to legally ride to the outer subway stops and get into town that way.

10. #130 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Hi all,

got a question....

I know that to keep a SH plate it has to be attached to a bike, or if I bought a bike I need to attach a plate within 6months to it... how does it look like with the yearly insurance and safety inspection after?

Does the bike need to be inspected every year and I paid for the insurance to have no issues with the plate ...

Example: My insurance and technical inspection ran out in Januar 2016... now its August, ergo more than 6 months... does this cause me any issues regards to the plate... (besides all the other issues I would have due to not be legally covered in case of an accident)

To make it even more dramatic: Could I park my bike now and don't drive in the next 2 years but then pay insurance, technical inspection and registration in 2018 again. So my bike is fully legal again I can drive and my plate still valid ?

Thx for any insight...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast