Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    morons and idiots -- moron's -- dimwitted scofflaws

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    "f'n shithead"

Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    clown - moron - idiot foreigner

No, I don't state this cause I am a moral preacher, cause I am not.
    But is this (repeated over and over again) really all we can contribute to MCM these days?

2. #82 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    No, I don't state this cause I am a moral preacher, cause I am not.
    But is this (repeated over and over again) really all we can contribute to MCM these days?
    IMHO, it is damn easy to get a DL in China and also damn easy to get a legal bike (agreed, it COULD be expensive, but that is the price of admission). If a person doesn't qualify ... he/she doesn't qualify ... simple. If a person can't afford it ... he/she can't afford it ... simple.

Also IMHO, MCM should be helping new arrivals ... and that includes steering them clear of the risks associated with flaunting the laws in a foreign country, especially a country like China with a still relatively undeveloped legal system. A person CAN very easily be 100% legal. The illegal yokels, with their white faces and big noses, are f'n it up for the rest of us ugly foreigners.

In my case, it isn't a question of morality - it is nothing more than pure, unadulterated selfishness - I want to continue enjoying two wheels.

So yeah, f' 'em ... and get off my lawn, ya little rugrats! (edit - definitely NOT referencing you 998S! You can play on my lawn any time, and I promise I won't turn on the sprinklers)

PS: OK, I better shut up because I am a Jing'r polluting a SH thread.
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 05-18-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: clarification

3. #83 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    In case I am not clear: I don't mean the info or content of this or any other thread, I mean the wording in which it is presented. It just doesn't feel right.

I also notice that attendence by several "old" memebers is zero to nothing.
    It might be related as I know they are still around.

Just a thought.

E.

4. #84 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Thx, 998S.... I'd also like to come back to the original topic of this thread.... Any news about SZ or HZ legal plates?

I reckon I try to pass by a retailer today and try my luck asking a lot silly questions.... though my Chinese is not existent, except "ni hao" level...

Cheers, Snev313

5. #85 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snev313 View Post
    Thx, 998S.... I'd also like to come back to the original topic of this thread.... Any news about SZ or HZ legal plates?

I reckon I try to pass by a retailer today and try my luck asking a lot silly questions.... though my Chinese is not existent, except "ni hao" level...

Cheers, Snev313
    If HZ= Hangzhou the city has a motorcycle ban so the traffic police issuing offices within the city area where ban is, do not issue plates for motorcycles. That does not include the outlying areas where plates would be issued. Same as takes place with Ningbo. City has a motorcycle ban so no motorcycle plates issued within the confines of that area, however outside in outlying areas, plates are issued e.g. Zhenhai, Yinzhou, Beilun et al.

If SZ= Suzhou (as opposed to Shenzhen) then only Harely Davidson Suzhou have managed to organise an agreement with the authorities to issue proper Suzhou plates for only HD sold through them. No HD Suzhou will not likley help if one has bought a bike elsewhere even if it is a HD.

6. #86 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Banned
    Plate prices fall for 2nd month as curbs bite

SHANGHAI DAILY NEWSPAPER
    May 26, 2013

Shanghai car plate prices dropped for the second consecutive month at yesterday's auction, as speculation continued to ebb following the implementation of a series of curbing measures.

The average successful bid for a Shanghai car plate fell to 80,803 yuan (US$13,178), down 3,298 yuan from last month, while the lowest price shed 3,200 yuan to 80,700 yuan, according to Shanghai International Commodity Auction Co.

In both cases, that means a more than 10,000 yuan nosedive from two months ago, when the prices exceeded the 90,000 yuan benchmark for the first time.

At that time they had soared 32.5 percent in just three months - more than for the whole of last year.

The reverse of this steep upward trajectory came after the municipal government introduced a price ceiling for the car plate auction.

It also cracked down on speculative second-hand car plate trading, which provides a reference point influencing trends for new plates.

Bids higher than the weighted average price of the average successful price from last December to March were rejected in the first round of yesterday's auction.

The upper limit was set at 79,900 yuan, down 3,700 yuan from the level of April.

"The new bidding policy seems quite effective in preventing overbidding, which was one of the key drivers of previous price hikes," said Eddie Zhang, a car dealer in Shanghai.

He noted that the atmosphere at the auction was less tense than usual.

This month also saw a decrease in the car plate supply, reduced from 11,000 in April to 9,000.

The number of bidders dropped 3,950 to 22,224.

Lynn Wang, a would-be car buyer who has been taking a wait-and-see approach to the auction, said she is thinking of trying her luck in the upcoming months.

"I was planning to get an out-of-town license plate because the local one would cost too much," Wang said.

"But now that the price has dropped in the past two months, I think there's a chance for me to get a bargain this year."

Zhang said though it will take some time to confirm the car plate price downward trend, there is not likely to be a big reverse as the city government is determined to bring the price back to more normal levels.

In March, Vice Mayor Jiang Ping outlined three back-up plans, should existing curbing measures fail to make an impact.

The new policies available for roll-out, if required, include: organizing separate auctions for private and corporate bidders, as the latter are less price-sensitive; reserving new car plates for new cars only; and including second-hand car plate trading in the bidding system for new ones.

The last two measures are intended to make it harder for scalpers to cash in.

7. #87 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Banned
    City further limits plate prices
    SHANGHAI DAILY (2013-5-27)

Shanghai will further lower the price ceiling for license plates, the traffic authority said yesterday.

Next month, the upward limit for the first round of bidding will be set at 77,300 yuan (US$12,607), down 2,600 yuan from this month's maximum, according to Sun Jianping, director of the Shanghai Municipal Transport and Port Authority.

The price ceiling for June will be the weighted average of the average successful bids from last November to March.

The limit at this month's auction was based on the weighted average bids from last December to March.

The new policy was implemented in April. Officials said it was designed to check irrational price hikes.

In the first three months of this year, the price of a license plate soared 32.5 percent and surpassed 90,000 yuan for the first time, sparking many complaints from the public.

Sun said the government is mulling plans to optimize car plate bidding rules by controlling the supply, stabilizing prices, and cracking down on speculation.

Car plate prices dropped for the second consecutive month on Saturday, dropping more than 10,000 yuan from two months ago to 80,803 yuan.

In March, Vice Mayor Jiang Ping outlined three back-up plans should the current ones fail to reverse the upward trajectory in plate prices.

8. #88 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    If you want to track what the car plate prices have done historically, here is a Chinese Auction Site table showing monthly prices & stats - (FYI - Site is VERY hard to navigate)

2013 - http://www.alltobid.com/guopai/contents/56/1925.html
    2012 - http://www.alltobid.com/guopai/contents/56/1972.html

9. #89 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    Went to Harley D. shop on Tuesday to check current motorcycle SH plate price, down from 140 in March to 110K...

Closely follows car plate price.

Anyone knows if SH gvt. stated a target for the car plate price, or if they just want to bring it down indefinitely?
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

10. #90 Re: Shanghai plates - price and advice 
    I can't find any websites that track this, but here is what I have gathered generally about the Shanghai Bike Plates (Approx Prices)

Jan 2013 -
    A - 140K / C - 22K

Feb 2013
    A - 150K / C - 23K

Mar 2013 -
    A - 130K / C - 15K

April 2013 -
    A - 130K / C - 16K

May 2013 -
    A - 110K / C - 18K

June 2013 -
    A - 120K / C - 20K