Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mythbuster
    Thanks KingMarty....Australia maybe the convict country you speak of but we are riding out the global recession far better than many other places thanks to strong trade deals with China..

Most others were gullible and followed the arrogant Americans into self destruction..

A lot of the gear we get here is from China manufacture but is re packaged in the USA so I imagine there are big markups there..

There are a couple of big players in Australia who seem to have a monopoly in the accessory marketplace and we pay premium prices Aud 50$ for a set of disc pads..Givi Top boxes sell from 350-500$Aud ..R-Jays style boxes sell for under $200..
    I brought home a Givi copy ..an ADLO same as Givi 45 ltre with base plate ..I paid 38$ Aud in PuYang City from a bike shop..

This is why I want to start bringing in some gear at a reasonable price for friends and My Touring Club Members. www.Leisure-Riders.com as we are tired of the prices we are copping here...

Hello friends, I found many parts that interest me much, but everything is written in Chinese.
    Here in Brazil we can buy through ebay and buy with prices below $ 50 are not charged taxes. Who in MCM here already made purchases at TAOBAO ?
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

ChinaV is an experienced taobaoer. Hopefully he can pitch in some advice.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

I bought some stuff on taobao.......... Financially, it seams pretty safe, but it's not the most "user friendly" website out there. A lot of the sellers don't have experience with the products they're selling, so don't expect clear communication even if you're fluent in Chinese.

Try something small first and see how it goes. You will probably be surprised with the freight cost on those cargo boxes in your picture, it will be based on volume, not weight.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12