Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 What Up from Qingdao??? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys:

It's what we do around here.

I'm new to Qingdao and have been here about 5 weeks. I live in Huangdao. I met a group of riders recently who have a gang called the Huangdao Dragons. I might join in with them. They took me to a dealer in the area who sells Regal Raptor products, and I think I'll get the 250cc street bike. It will be my first motorcycle, though I took the MSF class in the States and have the American motorcycle license.

If there's anyone in Shandong or Qingdao who rides, let me know! I'd love to get together soon and start cruising around on weekends!!!

Thanks for being here, y'all. It's great to have a community to support the Ride, especially when the right decisions to make seem to be rather nebulous and convoluted.

Cya!
    Kevin

2. #2 Re: What Up from Qingdao??? 
    I nice to meet, you. There are a whole group of us over in Zibo. Maybe ride sometime?
    PM me if you are interested, but most of the guys have probably decided it's too cold until next spring.

A word of caution, I wouldn't get a Regal Raptor 250cc street bike, I have this bike in 2009 guise, pre water-cooloing and EFI, since then the bike has gotten worse and more expensive. If you want a street bike maybe get a Haojue Suzuki GW250.

Check the links and do some reading on the bikes.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?4761-Suzuki-GW250-impressions

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...t=Regal+Raptor

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...t=Regal+Raptor

3. #3 Re: What Up from Qingdao??? 
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ngdao-Shandong

greetings to Huangdao! and greetings to the Dragons.
    are John and Joe still there? above is a link to Videos with our rides with them. but you need V*N.
    Sabine

4. #4 Re: What Up from Qingdao??? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all.

@JMC - I appreciate the experience regarding the Raptor, and I'll be sure to do a little more research before jumping into a saddle. The local guy I met who seems to have a lot of China/riding experience (10years/30 years, respectively) knows the local dealer who sells the Raptor and has informed me that the dealer is reliable and will uphold the three year warranty and take care of any problems that I have with the bike. This local guy Daniel is essentially the only person I know locally who rides. I sorta feel like if I just follow his lead that I'll at least be able to get my problems taken care of quickly at the local dealership if the Raptor becomes unreliable. He's asking 14500RMB, which is significantly less than the GW250. If I get a bike soon I'll definitely come visit you!

@Sabine - I saw your videos before I arrived in China 5 weeks ago. I thought they were great! I have not run into John or Joe yet. I met Daniel who rides for the Dragons, I think. Thank you for saying hello! Will you be returning to ride with us?

5. #5 Re: What Up from Qingdao??? 
    @JMC - I appreciate the experience regarding the Raptor, and I'll be sure to do a little more research before jumping into a saddle. The local guy I met who seems to have a lot of China/riding experience (10years/30 years, respectively) knows the local dealer who sells the Raptor and has informed me that the dealer is reliable and will uphold the three year warranty and take care of any problems that I have with the bike. This local guy Daniel is essentially the only person I know locally who rides. I sorta feel like if I just follow his lead that I'll at least be able to get my problems taken care of quickly at the local dealership if the Raptor becomes unreliable. He's asking 14500RMB, which is significantly less than the GW250. If I get a bike soon I'll definitely come visit you!
    Kevin, I've got 10 years China/20 riding experience. I also bought a Regal Raptor. I got 1 year or 6000kms warranty. 14.5K is reasonable for a RR, a GW250 is much more of a bike but for more money. It's your call. Although if you have big bike experience how about a road legal Benelli 600 or CFMoto 650 for 40K?