Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Niubee here

1. #1 Niubee here 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey

Old Beijing here and thinking of getting an R9 for hitting up into changping/yanqing area . i usually bike there but I'd like to go more often.

I've read thebeijinger stuff and the only useful data I got was about laoshan for the license testing.

But would love anyone's advice on what to expect.

I got tons of questions about these bikes since I never rode anything like it in my life.

I always rode mountain bikes and ebikes(I can't stand them)

so i want to get a scooter. and its winter now so time to investigate and go forward.

ive got a boat load of questions. some stupid am sure of ha.

1. best dealers in town
    2. are they automatic or manual?
    3. what is the license fees for the test?
    4. is there any book? I have a road test book but it says nothing about bikes.
    5. more questions later. I am not going to be buying anything for awhile now :)

suggestions please!

he ping

2. #2 Re: Niubee here 
    welcome He Ping!
    I have had a Leike R6 ( 150cc) for 2 years in Beijing. nice scooter and strong enough to carry even two people. (if they are not to tall)
    I bought it 2008 outside 5th Ringroad; now this aerea is gone but I am sure you will find them again anywhere.
    it was registered and plated on the shop owners wife; maybe not real leagel, but I paied always the insurance.
    you need a chinese driving licence to ride a scooter also. it was very fast and an automatic. for me the only disadvantage have been the "slik tires"; when the road is dry, I felt secure, if not, the scooter has had a slippery feeling
    so, enjoy!
    if you have V*N, check out my Vimeo or Youtube channel, you will find a lot ridereports about riding around Beijing. maybe you also visit the Iron Horse Saloon, Tianbei Lu, to meet other riders and get information
    Sabine

3. #3 Re: Niubee here 
    C-Moto Noob
    i live outside the 5th ring road and i plan to keep my bike outside that area. no need to ride inside the city. subway works fine.

at the office there isn't a vpn but i will check that out later when I get home

how much was your insurance?

4. #4 Re: Niubee here 
    Insurance was only something around 108 Yuan a year. not sure about today. but it does not matter. in the end you will pay, because you are a foreigner.
    when you live here a V*N is necessary. we are with Witopia