Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Track Ride with friends , pics 
    Master of Thump
    Howdee gang !
    Was a nice Sunday today , a few new friends over to talk bikes , ride the track , talk trash and just have some fun
    Crazy Carl , this is the Photo you've been waiting for , the Cogg in the gear that makes Kelly's brain go round and round and round .

And here is my Viva 250 prior to some major riding today '

Here is the Motley Crew ,

Crash-n-Fool , Snortin Norton , and DJ and my Fiance' that finaly got inspired to ride her new ATV !!!!

You will notice that I was the only ( smart ) one to wear any protection at all today ? DJ the young 13 year old , great kid , well mannered too , saw fit to run into a tree first thing out , roll the bike up against a fence later , break a new set of Bars when he crashed , all without getting hurt ? Fortuntely I have lots of parts and fixed him up with a brand new set of bars . So we had our fare share of mechanical failures today . None of wich effected my bikes .
    Seams from some wiring snafoo on Crash-n-fools ATV he had to track for about an hour of issues is all . Come to find out it was a crushed wire and one that had been hill-billy soldered . So he fixed her right up and back at it again . As you can tell from young DJ's grin he was haveing more fun than he actualy knew he could today . He will make a great rider someday and by the end of the 6 hours of playing he got quite profficient , good man !!!

DJ in hog heaven !!!

The track has dried up good this last few days so no real mud and lots of speed today . I got the Viva out of 3rd gear thank God !

We ripped it up good today , softened out my bikes lines well with the ATV's , and I got some good jumping in today too . Was nice to see the Fiance' get out and ride with us . We had issues getting her beast started today from
    sitting so long of course . I had just installed a 24mm Mikuni Race carburetor the last time she rode and it was fussy getting her going . Last time she rode I had set the idle way low after it got warmed up but never put it back to start mode , so that made it even worse till i figured out what it was . That and those little 125cc race motors do NOT like to sit without being run . Lesson learned I hope for her ? RIDE MORE !!!!!!! So once it got going she blazed a few laps on the Typhoon , smiling of course when she got back , and an exclamation " man this thing is fast " !!!! Yes, I know how to make these things fast , yes I do !!!

Crash-n-Fool took many many terrorizingly fast laps today, he is a very very good rider, lots of experience , was nice to see someone handle an ATV so well . His little 200cc beast did a nice job out here . I can also attest this is a great Father to his Kid , very patient , explained how to , how not to , and was really good with his kid . Was nice to see a kid that wasn't a complete a-holio bratt like most kids nowadays . Trust me if he wasn't a good kid he wouldn't be back on my track, but both are always welcome here and they know it !!!!

Here's the track after the ride session, nice and smooth but ate up big time !!!! We got so squirrley crazy in turn three we were slinging grass and dirt clods onto the road, very cool !!!

Turn three ,

Going into turn three , 35 to 45 mph

Backside of turn 2

Out of turn 2 ,

Into turn 1 ,

Nice fast little track today, was great fun for everyone, especially the Youth .
    I only drank 4 Latte's , nobody else wanted any ?

So that was my day riding , a very good day of it obviuosly . Look forward to Spring so we can bring back the Back-hoe loader and make some jumps . Should be a fine track one day .
    Just remember yall, you all can come out and play at my house, just ask . If your in town , come on out !!!! I got the best Coffee Beans this side of Canada for sure !!!!

Later, enjoy , Snortin Norton out

PS... yes I already know my camera date was wrong thanks
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 12-01-2008 at 11:11 AM.

Thanx for the great time today kelly!

Snortin Nortons track is pretty sweet and it was warm enough and dry enough to really tear it up today...

DJ says thanx and is ready to go out again already....

Next time I'll bring the wife she will have great fun also.

Sorry I didn't drink the brew...I just don't thats all....

3. #3 Hee hee Crash-n-Fool 
    Master of Thump
    Hee hee hee Crash-n-Fool ,
    look forward to a phone call anytime when were home of course , grab the gal and come on by , we'll all get out and get crazy like Crazy Carl is
    Hey, and some don't like Coffee , no biggy , more for me , and I need more !!!!
    Definately was a good time today for sure , my body will be paying for it tomorrow , I am old you know , like you

Cheerios and Fruitloops too !!! Snortin out

Looks like you guys had a blast...

5. #5 Sure did Jim 
    Master of Thump
    Sure did Jim Thanks

I know its nothing as extravegant as Crazy Carls rides into China or yours accross Canada and the USA , but if kept in perspective of what it is ( my own track ) and where it is ( my own house ) , it is a great ride too . And hey , I got COFFEE 17 paces from my starting line anytime I want some , and some fine Beans custom roasted out of San Fransisco by a gourmet family run Mill . Oh and always fresh double whipped cream
    There are definately perks to not leaving home for a ride !!!! Plus of course never being run over by a Cager or pulled over by a COPPER !!!!!! That's always a good perk on your track Although I did think DJ was going to run over some vehicles parked in the yard at times ? My Fiance' did threaten him with death if he hit her Camaro or truck Having reverse gear on his ATV and a slippery novice run clutch lever hand made his backing up in the driveway a little scarey for her at times watching him come near her vehicles . He did get better by days end , much better .
    You can certainly tell when your watching someone , especially a youngster , if they are going to be good riders eventaully or life long lovers of MOTORCYCLES , and this kid is definately a lifer I remember being that young myself and the big crap eating grin I used to get when I rode at his age too . It isn't far from the crap eating grin I get nowadays too
    The passion is still there , the hair raising near death flip overs are a constant still too , and the pure joy of the speed is still there too for me after all these years and I am 42 years young ? I have to thank my Dad for strapping me on my first ride ( a mini-bike ) at age 4 ? I have never stopped riding since and never will , God willing of course .
    I am glad of one thing , and that is getting back into dirt riding too along with my street cruising . I think I appreciate it allot more now than when young as I have had so many near death experiences now on the street , I can appreciate how safe dirt bike riding is compaired to street now that I am older . There are not any hazards really on the dirt except for mechanical failure or the wayward Zomakazi Deer that might run into you on the trail , or definately the possiblity of you not riding within your limits and wrecking ????
    Other than those its pretty safe compaired to street riding in traffic , and a whole lot more smiles
    One thing I learned yesterday after Crash-n-fool let me ride his ATV is I aint into ATV's Nope , not at all , I am a two wheel fool for sure, love it , live it , am it , its what I signed up for in my soul I guess Its like skiing a Giant Slollum course , on a two wheel dirt bike it just flows well on two wheels , the leaning , the smooth corners , the jumps . It just aint there for me on an ATV at all ? And that's ok !!!!

I hope to see some more of you come out and play here in Washington Oh and invite me to ride your track , because I sure as heck will if I am near ya .

Cheers, Snortin Norton
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 12-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.

SNorton and Foo',

Glad to see you guys n' gal had a good time! The track looks like fun and I'm happy your fiance's Camaro or Bronco 1 () didn't get nailed!

You guys are lucky to be living in a place with so much space and able to ride OHV's...esp. when young like DJ. I grew'd up in a burb of DC and my family was never into riding. I don't think they would have discouraged me from it but it just never came up. As a result I got into mtn. biking and even entered a couple NORBA sanctioned races where I experienced some super friendly comrades and getting lapped by totally gonzo riders. This was back in the day when mtn bikes were mostly modified beach cruisers and not everyone with a Visa Gold-Card "deserved" to win.

Much Love,
    CC

P.S. - Would you mind disclosing the name a of said SanFrancisco family run coffee beanery goodness?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 Hi Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Hi carl ,
    the coffee is roasted by the Rogers Family , its called San Fransisco Bay Coffee company .
    Here is there E-Mail , web-site and phone number :
    www.sfbaycoffee.com
    www.rogersfamilyco.com
    and the phone is
    (001) International if you need to , and Domestic number is 800-829-1300

Carl , I have drank allot of good beans in my life , from Starbucks to Millstone to many many gourmet brands of small roasters, and this company right here is on top of my list thus far . They hand pick and roast , and you can taste the care that went into thier beans for sure. And its not that expensive , much cheaper than Millstone or Startbucks . I am getting it bulk 3 pounds whole bean $14.00 USA money . Thats one pound of Startbucks or a pound and a half of Millstone, a bargain by any standards and its smoother and better than either one of those, especially thier French Roast beans .
    I definately consider myself a conosoiur of the bean , so trust me, this stuff is good yum yumm yummm coffee , Arabicas finest stuff . And its a GREEN company supports the environment and that hippy crap too . Try it , you won't be dissapointed and you''ll be much better off financialy to switch over to this company . This is NOT a promotional advertizement for the company , Snortin Norton doesn't sell out his soul , he just knows good BEANS !!!
    LOL !!!

And Carl, I will no tell Stacey Lee you called her K5 Chevy Blazer a Ford Bronco 1 . You like your balls , Right ? She hates Fords ( she's a brand loyal idiot obviously ) . Our first date was in my Red 4X4 Ford . when we were walking up to my truck she said " another Ford peice of crap ' . I should have known I was dealing with a firecracker ! She did not realize it was my truck obviously . Open mouth, insert foot Stacey Lee
    8 years later were still together unmarried ? Wonder why !!!! LOL !!!!

Take her easy Carl , and I so rememebr the old days of the first moutnain bikes. Do you remember when they transitioned from regular BMX bikes to the oversiszed BMX bike , then the Moutain bike ???? I am OLD !!!!

Later , kelly

8. #8 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Crazy Carl,
    you got me thinking today about my childhood and the mountain bike thing ?
    I raced a little BMX with Panda Racing way back in the way back machine days before I got real intersted in AMA sanctioned motorcross racing .
    We had a little bike shop I used to go to in Fairfield California that carried Little John Murphy brand BMX and also Ashtebula brand bikes along with many many others . Ashtebula was the very first bike I ever saw that transitioned from regular size to what they called the HUSKY BMX size bikes. The same year they came out with the what I beleive was the very first real mountain bike too , it looked like a Schwinn cruiser but had straight tubing no curves and straight solid tubed Ashtebula front forks, alluminum rims and nice Shimono companants too . Even back then when I was 9 or 10 it was around $200 , an ungodly amount in my eyes when I mowed lawns for $2.00 a yard to buy my bikes .
    Its amazing to watch how far things have come in the Mountain bike world and the BIKES !!!
    Whats even more amazing is the SIKK bike Mountain bike Motorcycles they have too now ? You seen that version of the Mountain motorcycle biike ? That thing is bad ass

Anyway , just had me dreaming of my past and how I got to where I am at today , CRAZY !!!

Later, Snortin