Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 So what is this? 
    Stumbled upon this advertising, and wonder what the hell it is.
    Anyone experience with this as a "compound" ride?

Site loads slowly, but is full of pictures.
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1...28d7d3cbb75c13

T2O_9qXhJbXXXXXXXX_!!427713731.jpg

2. #2 Re: So what is this? 
    Plastic panels look like as if they were "borrowed" from the Jiajue Motrac bikes - http://www.jiajue.com/proInfo.aspx?id=304 .
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: So what is this? 
    They have an image of the engine stamping on the 250, they have it showing 250cc, which is fake, to the best of my knowledge Zongshen does not make an exactly 250cc single. Maybe that is there way of letting customers know that they can put anything on the blocks?

They claim that the bikes are compliant for Chinese emissions, that is not likely since the larger manufactures cannot get their 200cc-250cc compliant and complain that they cannot make any progress in the market because of these type people selling these type bikes online illegally and for such low prices.

Loncin and Zongshen complain about illegal models…yet they both sell the engine to the people offering the illegal models, hurting themselves and encouraging the competition that is selling illegal models?

I wonder how they can do that, do they all come with papers stating them as 150cc and that they are a model that has a certificate?

You could buy one and then realize that you are not be able to get it registered? You could have one get it registered and find out that the government finally got around to cracking down and then you loose the registration?

I bet that organized crime rings are in the industry, that they sell online and creatively find way to escape being caught? That or there is no real agency set up yet to get them under control, not yet anyway.

They not only created regulations that hurt legitimate manufacturing, they hurt the manufactures that could actually make progress, they collectively emboldened the illegal market.

Hmm seems like they should take the fees they charge to regulate the market better, the result would be a legitimate250cc single that cost more, but would be substantially better made and supported.

But that would make the industry shrink at all levels, both legal operations and illegal operations, the attrition would make the already shrinking industry really shrink. Then it would reach up into the Groups that hold them and associated supply lines to other industries?

Its a quandary, Loncin is behind a new product and Italian Car they call it a quad cycle, they call it the VOLPE its a quad that looks like a car, it can be electric, Hybrid NG or LPG and or petrol.

I suspect the next edict will be EFI and on all combustion engines, it is not that complicated Honda has a new scooter they launched in Thailand, it’s the new Zoomer X

110cc with EFI.

4. #4 Re: So what is this? 
    Here is another bike twice as much in price, but they all seem to share the new brakes. They do all share a common parts bin, this one is made by XLMCO Xinling, they like the 233cc Honda twin, they also claim here it has CIII approval?

Maybe I am wrong, maybe these bikes do meet the standards?

The government needs to publish a list, then make it public so consumers can check to see if the people selling the bikes are honest? But maybe not many of the people buying these models are honest, maybe the systems used to register the bikes are corrupted?

If the larger engines can meet compliance with a carburetor, then why is their struggling to make the larger engines EFI?

Over all the industry looks like they improved the common parts bin they all share, the brakes and the gauges look marginally better, but are they? They certainly look better.

5. #5 Re: So what is this? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear MJH,

How the hell do you find this stuff?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: So what is this? 
    The information about the Volpe I found here.
    http://www.loncin.cn/portal.php

The information on the Zoomer X here.
    http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2012/

The other bike is being offered on the same shop page as the first "compound" bike posted.

I am very curious how the areas around Shanghai register motorcycles, like Wuxi and Suzho basically what are the registration policies in Jiangsu Provence and other provinces and also the variations in all the prefecture level cities. I have read that as many as two hundred cities have motorcycle bans in place? But where are the cities and what are the boundaries of the bans?

7. #7 Re: So what is this? 
    These type bikes seem to be coming out of either Jiangsu or Zhejiang, they share parts.
    Ningbo, Thaizhou and also areas to the north surrounding Shanghai that being Jiangsu and WUXI and Changzhou and others.

Jiajue could be the mother ship of the plastic body parts?
    http://www.jiajue.com/about.aspx

Its all crazy one designs something and they all get access to the parts, most seem interchangeable for the most part, one frame can accommodate a variety of engines and they likely share all the rest with some variety as options.

8. #8 Re: So what is this? 
    I really doubt these are being purchased abroad from any of these manufactures, the trading operations are likely selling more of these illegally in china then they export.

The Dongfang models are out of that same area, those are coming out of Ningbo. The sport type bikes they sell are of this type, with a 250cc Zongshen engine, which is really a 229cc OHV that is not a bad engines but basically a dirt bike engine. Its low cost for sure…it likely shares all its electrical with the base CG125 likely even the engine mounting points are all the same, the carburetors are certainly the same.

But the assembly behind them? You could get all kind of little issues, some could even be dangerous, like bad welds on a frame etc.

9. #9 Re: So what is this? 
    I believe there are few frame factories, as well as brakes and wheels factories and all other components of which ​​motorcycle is made.

Yes, it is frustrating to see a bunch of motorcycles that do nobody knows who manufacture them, but I'm more concerned that some motorcycles can be, not only of poor quality, but also very dangerous to their riders.

10. #10 Re: So what is this? 
    What do you think, do these.... hm... "manufacturers" provide EC Certificate of Conformity for their motorcycles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast