Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Giantco Hunter Sport Parts UK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    OK, now use advanced search and dig in with 156fmi. I think you'll find a lot.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #12 Re: Giantco Hunter Sport Parts UK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    What's wrong in ur bike?
    Up to yet I have found that the fuel gauge don't work. I have fixed this though. After taking the tank off I saw the word faulty on the float unit and a wire had snapped off. After getting the unit out I found the pivot connector wasn't touching the resistance board. Both fixed and the float and gauge is working.

The horn didn't work which I have ordered a new one but there is only one cable for it when there should be two. I have started to trace where I can run a second cable from.

Front fairing mounts have snapped, missing headlight bulbs and holders plus a repeater bulb missing front and back. New fairing on the way with all the bulbs and holders included.

Chain guard is missing where the drive sprocket is. I plan to fab one from sheet steel if I can't find a new one.

No wing mirrors. Have ordered them.

Crack in rare plastic body. Its not to bad so will fix this with some carbon fiber under it.

Missing pillion handle and right foot rest. Not bothered about these as she only has CBT so can't carry passengers. The missing handle does make the rear body panel loose and rattles so ill sort this with some suitable bolts.

Loads of cut and poorly reconnected cables. Ill trace what the cut ones do and connect the poorly reconnected ones properly.

Speedometer don't appear to work and I haven't looked into that other than checking the cable is there.

The gear indicator as my other thread. I know the issue now and the fix is easy.

Spark plug sutty. I will replace plug and oil etc.

You can't rev the engine over 4000rpm without it stalling and you have to creep to 4000, even in neutral. If the bad spark isn't the cure I may seek advice. I have had the carb, fuel and vacuum system apart and they all look in great shape.

Chain was very dry. Oiled that today.

There appears to be a missing cable coming out the side of the speedo which looks like a speedo cable socket but the speedo cable is connected around the back so im unsure what its for. Hopefully the manuals will hold a clue. EDIT: after looking at the manual the socket is for a knob that resets the mile counter.

All in all, not a lot hehe.

3. #13 Re: Giantco Hunter Sport Parts UK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear LaPistola,

This bike, which sounds as if it was put through an industrial wash cycle without any fabric softener, was lucky to find you as its new owner. Whoever left it that condition should be ashamed of themselves. Clearly you've got things well in hand. Let us know if there are any parts you need from China -- that fairing for example -- and perhaps I can organize a purchase.

Hope you are snapping some pix so we can see the healing patient as she responds to your laying on of hands!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12