Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Hip ! hip ! horay !!! - Got my Chinese Driving Licence 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    ....on the driving licence translation, from their "approved translator" there lies the error.
    Always double - tripple check any translations in China. Highly recommend going for the license change ASAP but make sure they do let you cancel the car license and redo the full test for car (C1) / bike (D) license without any hassles or problems. As mention in my earlier post, the trick was very common around Shanghai some years ago.

2. #32 Re: Hip ! hip ! horay !!! - Got my Chinese Driving Licence 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks guys,

OK, I will go the Gong An route first.
    We know some people, who may know some people, etc.
    Then,
    I guess the crux now is to make sure, if I do go the cancel route of the C1, then I am able to do the test again without hindrance, or and time delay.

Just watch me fail a few time now.

Gra.

3. #33 Re: Hip ! hip ! horay !!! - Got my Chinese Driving Licence 
    I did exactly the described way in BJ. I hired an agent who did all steps for me incl. driving me around to all different locations. Total cost in 2010: 1500 RMB

a) cancel the old C1 licence after transferring it from Xian to BJ
    b) go to a new health check
    c) apply for C1D and do the theory test
    (pre condition: I have a german car license & unrestricted motorcycle license)

The only "trouble" I had was a waiting time of 3 weeks until i could go for the test finally. After the test i had the new license C1D within 3 days.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #34 Re: Hip ! hip ! horay !!! - Got my Chinese Driving Licence 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    When and if you go to Xinjiang to get your tourist business happening and they give you the old come back latter story do not be surprised that the person you spoke to has disappeared ie never was here,moved to different Govt dept,never heard that name etc etc but probably the response will be start all over again.

In relation to your license I think you just got blown off ie they hope you will go away and forget about it because they will.

I showed them quite a few licenses that I had they couldn't of cared one bit unless they were Chinese.
    All to do with attitude,

Gra.

5. #35 Re: Hip ! hip ! horay !!! - Got my Chinese Driving Licence 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I'm with BD on this: If you have not heard back from them in 48 hours, I'd go back in and ask for option 3 -- cancel the C1 and start from scratch on a C1D or C1E. The longer you wait, the more frustrating it will be.

cheers
    Well I am glad it all worked out fro me.
    Now I have my C1+D

Gra.

6. #36 Re: Hip ! hip ! horay !!! - Got my Chinese Driving Licence 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Graham,

Sorry to see you being put through this. You are giving the system way too much credit. I'd bet my last nickel that at the end of the three months, no one will remember this request and you'll be right where you are now, with a license that does not make you legal on the bike. And spring will have arrived, and rather than getting out and enjoying Taishan and so many other great riding places in Shandong, you'll be stressing about getting your license -- all over again.

My advice, since you asked: Now's the time to do it, and get it right. In your previous round with these idjits, one of the options was to cancel the C1 and start the process anew, making sure this time that they don't "improve" your application by ignoring your request for the C1D or C1E. You know the process now. The test questions are (relatively) fresh in your memory. The cost will be a couple hundred RMB. And you'll fruitfully use your winter downtime to get ready for spring. Just be damned sure that when they cancel your C1, you can immediately and without question apply for the C1D or C1E. Do it while you are there, on the spot, and don't leave till the application is accepted.

I do think they are yanking your chain, and their efforts will come to naught. In China's system, kicking something upstairs is the standard way of washing hands of responsibility. Nothing will happen, then in three months time you'll go back and hear those lovely words: 没办法. Mei banfa. Can't be done. If there were a banfa, the deed would have been done by now.

cheers!
    Perhaps here in Weifang, things are more organized than other parts of China.

I am just glad they weren't yanking my chain, and that things didn't all come to nought.

Perhaps it was my wife's and my attitudes, that helped things through.
    All done in 6 weeks, I am very pleased as the new owner of a C1+D

She was the one did all the talking for me, I just stood there and smiled.

Gra.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234