Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 moving a motobike to another city 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    hey guys,

well here i am again, in need of some tlc as iv been without my bike since September.
    in Jan im going back to where my biks is and plan to send it back some how (im not riding it as its over 1,400km-1,500kw away from where i live which is fine during the summer but i cant do it during winter.)

i bought it in the city but registered it in the country side at the destination.
    iv done the ride a few times and its a very hard ride, (the bike is in anhui and allot of concentration is needed when riding and trying to keep the bike out of the massive holes in the road, which can literally flip the bike saddle over bars when hit at higher speeds),
    in the summer the fastest time i completed the ride was in 35 hours +2 hours sleeping on the bike (head on bars, feet hanging off the back then being awoken by mosquitoes eating me alive and curious Chinese people), i dont have the adequate protection to ride for more than an hour in winter. (not just me being lazy)
    im not too concerned with riding an out of town bike around where i live so thats not an issue.

next year i will ride it back but until then i need wheels just to make me feel less of a prisoner, less isolated etc etc (you know the feeling)

so, anyone have any ideas on how to transport a motorbike from one sleepy village to a tier 1 city?

cheers all.
    just because something is possibly possible, does not follow that is it essentially essential.

2. #2 Re: moving a motobike to another city 
    simply hire a truck or buy some winter clothes

3. #3 Re: moving a motobike to another city 
    Quote Originally Posted by lightend View Post
    so, anyone have any ideas on how to transport a motorbike from one sleepy village to a tier 1 city?.
    Get the quotation from "town". Packing material can sorce from local bike dealer quite cheaply .
    These logistic company http://www.jiaji.com/ | http://www.hoau.net/ had extensive network in China.
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...tion=printable

4. #4 Re: moving a motobike to another city 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    OK. Thanks a ton
    I read the first message, decided it was about as much use as telling someone with an STI to use a condom and ignored all other notifications.

second post.
    great, just what i was after,
    thanks
    just because something is possibly possible, does not follow that is it essentially essential.