Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have only had my road bike for 6 months and the Rocker Arm Assembly failed.

I need help to source a new or used replacement assembly. Need the Assembly Housing, 2 x Rocker Arm (cast) and the Pivot Shafts. The Head, Camshaft and Valves are all okay.

My home is in Papua New Guinea, nth of Australia so a supplier for the Asia/Pacific region would be best.

You can contact me direct at albeck@treehouse.com.pg Thanks

2. #2 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Al,

Welcome to MyChinaMoto, and very pleased to have a member in PNG! We have a fair number of members who are familiar with the Shineray, but you may be the first in PNG -- a special privilege. Please post up some pix of your bike and dazzle us with images and stories of the places you ride!

As for the parts you need, how did your bike come to be in PNG? A once-off import or internet purchase? Or is there a substantial Shineray presence there, which would help you to source parts in country. If not, you've got a couple of options: 1) find support/distribution networks in neighboring countries, particularly Australia if the Shineray is there, or Southeast Asia, or 2) plug into China's vast Taobao parts ecosystem, where the stuff you need are certainly available and affordable (with one caveat about shipping and importation in PNG). It helps a lot if you can read and write Chinese; if you can't, then try an English-language Taobao agent like taobaofocus.

Ideally, someone in MCM will help you find the parts you need in taobao, then you can work with taobaofocus to fulfill your order for you.

Let us know how you get on.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Here's your bike in the Shineray website. In Chinese the brand is 鑫源 which is xinyuan in pinyin (pronounced roughly sheen-yoo-ann).

Here's the bike for sale in Taobao for 13,500 RMB.

Check this taobao link to see if you can find what you are looking for. It's a search in Chinese for the rocker assembly for the Shineray XY250-5, and, though it says it has not found direct matches, there's a lot in there.

Someone who knows the bike better, and particularly that engine, should be able to let you know what engine parts are compatible with yours. I know next to nothing about the Shineray.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    IMG_20120412_070841.jpgAL and Shineray.jpgRocker Arm Assembly.jpgHi Euphonius,

Thanks for your responce.

I have been living in PNG for 37 years now. I sold my liveaboard dive catamaran business and built a treehouse beside the lagoon and it has now become a resort. I have always enjoyed riding bikes from my first bike.... a fold-up paratroopers Korgi on the farm in NZ. To traversing the Sixty Mile Hiway from Dawson City, Yukon Territories to Anchorage in Alaska on Kawasaki Enduros 175, and now it is Papua New Guinea.
    I have had a couple of Shineray Trail bikes as the agricultural supplier for the coconut plantations has started to import them occasionally. I found them to be basic and reliable. Early this year I was in Rabaul, East New Britain and noticed the more sophisticated XY250-5A Street Bike for sale. I purchased it, man-handled it into a banana boat and sped for two hours across St Georges Channel to the west coast side of New Ireland. The bike suffered a broken LH foot rest with the choppy seas so I patched that up to be able to change gears okay.
    By now it was getting dark and starting to rain so I departed Namatanai at 5.30pm and headed off north with a full tank, a torch and some tape (no tools or manual was supplied with the bike) to run the 264 Klm to Kavieng in the north.

The first 100klm was unsealed road following the coast. The bikes tyres, being road slicks, were not well suited to the wet and slippery coral surface of the road. I had to go easy dodging dark skinned persons strolling on the road, pigs darting across at short notice, and almost wipped myself out when a truck backed across in front of me without lights in the rain. I vowed then that the lights would have to be improved.

Once I was on the sealed section of the highway the bike performed much better and the tropical rain eased. However there was an exciting moment when the master plug for the headlights came loose and I screeched to a halt in the pitch dark. No street lights and no fuel depots just jungle.
    The trip took six hours and I arrived at the TreeHouse with a few liters left in the tank slightly out of shape from the new riding position for the first time but happy.

I have since upgraded the lights to HID Zenon lamps. The tropical climate here is great so I ride my daily. There is only one sealed road which goes past my house and it runs halfway down the island with jungle and mountains on one side, and the white sandy beaches and lagoons on the other I never tire of it.

I really hope someone can help me source a new or used Rocker Arm Assembly so I can be riding again soon.

5. #5 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    Which letters stamped on them?
    For example this http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13536554381 modding parts is very common on air-cooled cousin.
    -
    Taobao seller that deals with that model, u may ask someone from here chats to them for the quotation of genuine parts.
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17286147574 | http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18347228204
    Last edited by humanbeing; 12-16-2012 at 03:18 AM.

6. #6 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for that... I see we are getting close now.. The number stamped on the Rocker Arm Assembly is 487.

Hope this helps as I really need help on this and viewing the Rocker Arms identical the the ones that are damaged on my engine has inspired me greatly. Thanks

7. #7 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    There is no number cast on my rocker arms like there is in the Taobao photo

8. #8 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Humanbeing,

9. #9 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Humanbeing,

Your links were spot on my Roller Rocker Arms look just like your link to http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13536554381

Would the Rocker Arm Assembly be available and if so how would I order one to be sent to PNG using credid card payment? I am not able to understand the Chinese characters. Also I had no luck on the Tabaofocus site.

My PNG Agent ordered the Assembly but was sent only the valves which is not what I need.

I would appreciate you or someone assisting me as my bike has been down for almost one year now. Thanks

10. #10 Re: Require Rocker Arm Assembly for Shineray XY250-5 
    C-Moto Noob
    I would also be interested to purchase a Used Rocker Arm Assembly so that I can get back on the road again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast