Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I don't know why, but I decided to order the D250RTC. I have been a Honda guy all my life and own several now, including a CRF230L. I bought the dual sport at a dealer this spring - an 09 with approx 340 miles on it. Got it for a steal! It gets great gas mileage but the seat is about 1/2 inch thick at best and even the Corbin I replaced it with hurts my butt after about 25 miles. This bike replaced several Honda NSR250s that I sold to pay for a new truck. Decided to let them go because parts were getting hard to find, and my commute is too long to enjoy the two strokes for what they were designed for. Plus I would have never been able to afford the truck without selling them!

The RTC looks great, and is super cheap for what it is. I have a couple pocket bikes so I'm aware of the Chinese quality issues. My plans include swapping out the engine, carbs, and wiring harness from a CB400F if anything catastrophic ever happens. That would make a great winter project and create a sweet bike that can't be bought here in the US. Why we insist on big stuff baffles me.

Anyway, the prices for the RTC are very similar from place to place. I just need to know where I can order it from and actually receive it. Has anyone bought one recently? What color did you order/receive? Any good reviews from a certain seller?

Thanks,
    Craig

2. #2 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    C-Moto Noob
    motorsportsdepot.com is the cheapest I've found - anyone ever order from them?

3. #3 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    What part of PA are you in there is a dealer in Cleveland that sells those for $2,000.00
    http://inventory.ohiopowersportsonli...=3&per_page=20

4. #4 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Holy crap - thank you very much! I've been searching the net all weekend for a dealer close by but couldn't find any. I live in Western PA. Can't find any dealers on my side of the state. That's only about 1.5 hrs from the office, so I'll be able to look at one before buying it.

Thanks again!
    Craig
    Last edited by mp43sniper; 12-16-2012 at 10:33 PM.

5. #5 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Also just curious - does anyone know what they used to copy this engine? I've heard some of the China bikes have very close copies of Honda or Yamaha engines.

6. #6 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 

7. #7 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks again. Couple years ago I bought an SL70 that had a broken kickstarter shaft. Discovered that there were Lifan engines on Ebay that could be bought cheap, so I bought one listed as a "125cc Honda copy". I doubted it was 125cc, but it came with a harness and carb and was just over $100 even with shipping. The engine turned the 70 into a rocket, and I can easily wheelie at will. I'm happy with my experiences so far, but haven't had to do any maintenance or parts replacement either so that would affect my opinion.

Still, I see new motorcycle prices and just wonder.....how expensive are they going to get?

8. #8 Re: Where should I order my D250RTC? 
    Yeah the price are much higher now.
    http://tboltusa.com/store/engines-li...c-114_119.html