Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Soon enduro model X2X will be released, comes with full lightings, can be registered in China for street use.

FisherMan!

Looking good! I hope we see these on the international market soon!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Today I was in Chendgu bike parts market (thanks Carl) I saw these bikes then do a quick ride on them.

Far more higher and powerful than the QingQi200GY. Impressive bike very dirt oriented, high seat, large handlebar, immediate power. I found the fork hard and the rear suspension soft but they can be both fully tune.

The guy sells them 14000RMB or 2048USD. Seen also some Galaxy FTR 250 that I already ride few months ago. The Galaxy is far lower and smaller.

Don't mind about the HONDA decals on the pics. Using famous brands in a kind of homage for the Chinese.

If Carl wants to open a subscription on this forum to buy one for me, I won't protest...

Nice you found the place okay and happened to have your camera with you!!! It's great to see one of these bikes somewhere besides in a convention center or factory test track... it makes it more of a "real" product.

Would be nice to have that engine for travel but too bad it doesn't have a rack!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

I saw one of those yesterday, Shineray 250cc in white, exactly same as in your shot, minus Honda decals. It was having an oil change, this bike must be available, as there are some pretty hardcore dirt bike riders in my area. I have to say I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Nice you found the place okay and happened to have your camera with you!!! It's great to see one of these bikes somewhere besides in a convention center or factory test track... it makes it more of a "real" product.

Would be nice to have that engine for travel but too bad it doesn't have a rack!

CC
    An enduro version (street legal) is on it's way.

8. #28 Shineray 250 x 
    Hi guys! I dont know if you notice that there engine of the new 250 mx from Shineray is the same of the CPI 250 enduro bike.Compare them and you will see! This bike is a excellent example how fast and big the chineese are coming with the dirt bikes!I am very happy to see this coming!I think they will not be any problem to shineray to get EPA approval if they use the same CPI motor unit.Well check and compare them and let me know!

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Taiwan CPI actually gets engines from Yin Gang (YG) who spent years to develop the 1st China DOHC 250 water-cooled engine, basically this is an exact Honda copy with wide gear ratio. This engine is OK but the power was lowered down to maintain high durability.

Mainly for X2 MXer project, Shineray built-up their own production line, and improved YG 250. Finally X2 engine fully built by Shineray, the overall performance is better than YG 250. Higher power and closer gear ratio give rider more MX feel.

If you can. give some links for this engine, I want to have a look at details.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast